SETRA

Youth Bike/Youth ATV

Round 6 April 30/May1

Loretta Lynn

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't they have a 2 stroke class? Gilmer, trying to remember where that is....

EDIT: Aha, Gilmer is about 3 hours away. Ben, if you wanna make it, I'll be your pit boy. I don't feel like getting involved in that, next thing I'd know, I'd be heading to TN, WV, OH and everywhere else chasing nationals....

Ok let's see, $10 at the gate, $40 to enter, I can handle that. Says you hafta run the same class you do at local events, so I guess that means I'd run Open B at Gilmer. Don't see anything on gnccracing.com about having to have spark arrestors, just silencers under 104db, so I should be safe with what I got.

Looks like the first race in NM is gonna be February 19/20, the weekend after Gilmer...so tentatively yeah I'm gonna try to make it, unless they change it...

Josh just get to Roswell, I'll take care of the rest (well you're gonna hafta cough up the entry fees heh). I know I can get a 1-ton from work with an aux tank, enough diesel to get us there and back, and an enclosed trailer (not sure if it's 12' or 14' but will fit at least 2 maybe 3 quads). My dad lives in Kennedale (Dallas), he can put us up for the night(s). Only prob is the 1-ton is a regular cab, might use one of the 4-door crew cabs but not certain if it'll be available, I'll ask about it tho.

I'll give Chris a call tonight or tomorrow and get you on the line. Heard anything about the banquet or a firm date on the Tarantula? Got your motor in yet?

Will do sredish, looks like atvccs has the first West race on Feb 6th, you're going to that one right? That one's only a 4-hour drive for me, I'm definitely gonna try to make that one.

Hell if you're gonna be at Gilmer you might as well race, what's one little race, heh :evil: call it practice...

Will do sredish, looks like atvccs has the first West race on Feb 6th, you're going to that one right?  That one's only a 4-hour drive for me, I'm definitely gonna try to make that one.

Hell if you're gonna be at Gilmer you might as well race, what's one little race, heh  :evil: call it practice...

296954[/snapback]

To be completely honest with you, the first "West" race is up in the air. It's 5 hours from me and I won't really know if I can go until a week or so before. I'm hoping so, but we'll just have to see. Knowing your going gives me some incentive.

The first "East" race is mid-Jan and I'll be making that one for sure. I'm going to try to make as many from both sides as I can, but often times, 3 hours maybe a tad more is all I can usually manage, being that we run our own company. Makes it easy in some ways and hard in others.

I'll stay in touch about it.

Not to be dragging this more offtopic, but how wide are you running your machine?

Later.

Yeah I know how it goes, shit always seems to happen so I never know for sure until I actually hit the road, heh. But for now at least I'm gonna shoot for Big Spring and Gilmer. Was gonna ask you if you're running Open A or B this year too.

Haven't actually measured my width with the new wheels (flipped stock on rear, +2 axle, stock offset fronts on +2 a-arms), but she did fit between the wheelwells of my half ton Chevy so right between 49" and 50" wide.