2005 GNCC Schedule

Meat

I have a question for you guys, I am going to run GNCC for the first time this year, havent ran in any harescrambles before just alot of trail riding on the weekends. One of the reasons I am going to is because I have ridden with guys that have and they say I am pretty fast and should race. My question is should I run the C class or first year class.

Thanks

Edited by AverageJoe

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run the lowest class you can. You can always move up but you can never move down. If you've never raced before, then start out in the first year class. not a bad idea. no matter how you trail ride, it doesn't come close to comparing to running a xc race.

You don't realize how many times you may relax around a corner, or hang back to wait for a friend or back off the throttle and little stuff like that. When you get out there and it's race time, your adrenaline is pumped and it's nonstop for 2 or so hours of full throttle as fast as you can go and maybe faster, not hard trail riding for 30 min and then grab a drink or wait up for friends. I can't explain it, but the hardest of trail riding isn't the same, it just isn't. It's even more fun, and such a freaking blast to be out there pushing your hardest.

So, like I said, run the lowest class you can and get a feel for it. If you feel that you should have more competition or race against tougher guys, then go for it, but get a feel for it first.

What machine are you gonna enter with and how is it setup?

Later.