CPI or ROCKET? Im gunna buy and need opinions

nickxc

Im gunna buy new pipes I am selling my sst's right now and I had my heart set on rockets but I still love the cpi's. Who has rockets?? cpi?? What would you get if you ran wide open roads and dunes most of the time. My mods are in my sig. I am still leaning on the rockets but I wanted one last batch of opinions before I shell out the cash... Thanks guys...

CPI's customer service SUCKS! :flush:

291428[/snapback]

i dont know why it sucked for you but customer service for me was great, they answered all my questions and had a nice convo. w/ them for me C.P.I. is all I run but i hear many good things about rockets.. but C.P.I. will always be the first inframe drag pipes just my .02

Well I'm talking about customer service after the sale.... I don't no about you but I have bought more than 1 set of pipe's from CPI.... And lets just say they are not all created equal.... My inframe pipe's I bought look and fit great... The out of frame pipe's I bought were of very poor quality...I called and was told to send the pipe's back and they would send me a new set... After about 2 weeks I got a phone call from customer service and they said they had my pipe's but didn't no what to do with them... Well I got the run around for about 2 more weeks.... Now having said that, Mike Hair did send me a new set.... However the quality is still not as good as the inframe pipe's... :(

Personally cpi will always be my first choise but thats me. I like the rockets no doubt they would be my second choice but i dont think they are quite as fast on top. but they are about equal everywhere else. I raced a couple shees with rockets a while back and they were fast but i pulled on them on top. Its not like they had different or less mods than me they had the same shee basically but my pipes were just a lil faster on top. But the one thing I love about the rockets is their sound. OMG...its music to my ears. the only pipes i like that sound even close to rockets are toomey's and my cpi's but those rockets are nice so if you like'em then by all means get'em. I think in this situation you cant really go rong as far as look sound and performance since these are probly the best two sets of pipes I have ever seen in action. :headbang:

Personally cpi will always be my first choise but thats me.  I like the rockets no doubt they would be my second choice but i dont think they are quite as fast on top.  but they are about equal everywhere else.  I raced a couple shees with rockets a while back and they were fast but i pulled on them on top.  Its not like they had different or less mods than me they had the same shee basically but my pipes were just a lil faster on top.  But the one thing I love about the rockets is their sound.  OMG...its music to my ears.  the only pipes i like that sound even close to rockets are toomey's and my cpi's but those rockets are nice so if you like'em then by all means get'em. I think in this situation you cant really go rong as far as look sound and performance since these are probly the best two sets of pipes I have ever seen in action. :headbang:

291675[/snapback]

he said it all.

Yup.  Thanks guys.  good info...

291767[/snapback]

anytime buddy. good luck on your decision!! :cheers:

anytime buddy.  good luck on your decision!! :cheers:

291796[/snapback]

Thanks... Im still working on it but I think I like the rockets. They are supposed to have almost an identical power curve to the cpi and they are about the same price and I like the orriginal look of em...

Thanks...  Im still working on it but I think I like the rockets.  They are supposed to have almost an identical power curve to the cpi and they are about the same price and I like the orriginal look of em...

291926[/snapback]

Both are fine choices - either way, youll get alot more outta your banshee than with other pipes!