fmf fatties & powercore 2 vs toomey t-6

supercoop

I have been looking on ebay and you can get a brand new set of fmf fatties with powercore 2 silencers for $419.95 at http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=43978 is this a good price?

however, I was interested in toomey t-6's but they are about $580.00. So should I go with the fmf's or save up some more and get the toomey's?

thanks..... :D

I like the power delivery of the Fatties over the T-6's. If I just rode dunes then I might go with the T-6's. My friends Shee has them and he cant pull me when out riding. I am usually faster due to the power coming on sooner and less harshly. But this is in off roading out in the desert. We are about even in the dunes with him having a small advantage. I dont think the T-6's are worth the extra $150. I would spend the extra $150 on getting the head milled like .035 or finding a used cool head.

I have tried a bunch of different pipes and always end up keeping my Fatty's. They are a great all around pipe. I ride dunes and trails. I've found that even though a top end pipe hits hard and sounds cool they are useless unless you always have your bike screaming. With Fatty's you can lug it around or go do some drag racing and still do ok. You can pick up a used set for almost nothing on eBay and shine them up for nothing. :cheers:

Who cares what they sound like, the FMFs are what you need if you are considering any type of mx, and trust me, they'll do great in the dunes as well, I speak from experience.

The T-6s suck. The Fatties will walk all over them, especially if you ever get any portwork.

Edited by sredish

Who cares what they sound like, the FMFs are what you need if you are considering any type of mx, and trust me, they'll do great in the dunes as well, I speak from experience.

The T-6s suck.  The Fatties will walk all over them, especially if you ever get any portwork.

284728[/snapback]

What he said... Myself and sredish both run fatty's at one time. I think I know a 'lil bit about 'em :shrugani: .

Mike

The T-6s suck.  The Fatties will walk all over them, especially if you ever get any portwork.

284728[/snapback]

What he said... Myself and sredish both run fatty's at one time. I think I know a 'lil bit about 'em :shrugani: .

Mike

284749[/snapback]

So U and Scott do some Tagging on them Fatties huh... :rotflmao:

i cant speak for t6, but i havent herd that they r as good as t5. my dad has t5 and i have fatties. i can waste him off thi line nad in corners and getting traction, cuz the powerbadn dont hit so hard. but in the dunes, once i hit 6th, he cathes up real fast and can passs me w/ his top end.... i would take fatties first then t5s over anythign else. i jsut have the powerband hit on the t5 nad breaks the tires loose all of the time. not cool alot. but i dont weigh much either, so w/e..but i would for sure go fatties.a nd i got sum old pwc2's i might need to get rid of if i can find turbine cores cuz i need spark arrestors

peace out

i dunno, i had a set of dg's on mine when i got it. i ended up borrowing a set of fatties and pwc1's from a friend to try b4 i made my pipe decision, i ended up buyiung t-5's because my dad had them and i knew how they ran. the fatties did have a slight advantage over both the dg's(which are the worst of the three), and the t-5's, but i think that the midrange and top end are both drastically better than the fatties. the t-5's can still lug me around slowly....but is that wat a banshee is made for :shrugani: i personally wouldn't trade my t-5s for ne thing except for maybe trinity stageIV cuz they're stainless steel. just my $.02...

i dunno, i had a set of dg's on mine when i got it. i ended up borrowing a set of fatties and pwc1's from a friend to try b4 i made my pipe decision, i ended up buyiung t-5's because my dad had them and i knew how they ran. the fatties did have a slight advantage over both the dg's(which are the worst of the three), and the t-5's, but i think that the midrange and top end are both drastically better than the fatties. the t-5's can still lug me around slowly....but is that wat a banshee is made for :shrugani: i personally wouldn't trade my t-5s for ne thing except for maybe trinity stageIV cuz they're stainless steel. just my $.02...

285487[/snapback]

I run T6's... and as above mentioned.. power comes on real strong, REAL STRONG in power band... a friend of mine runs T5's... now i never rode his bike... he has some other mods mine doesnt(carbs, reeds and cages)... he said it is a whole hell of alot better than the DG's