DynaTek FS ?

s_h_c

If you already have +4 timing, and don't have a real crazy setup, especially NOS, then you can probably put the money elsewhere. I love mine, but I would like to find someone who knows how to program curves near me (Phoenix). If you didn't already have advanced timing I would say go for it. But since you have it, maybe look at suspension or intake. I'm sure you will see some gains, but nothing as drastic as when you are +0 and go to +4. If you plan on running race gas, maybe, since you can bump the timing up more. If you have $300 you just have spend on something then why not...

I agree with dyna and superchicken, if you're just looking for hp gains and nothing else (suspension, traction), I'd go with porting and a welded crank, a stroker would be nice. Don't get me wrong, I love my Dyna and recommend it to anyone when their stock CDI takes a shit, but there are plenty of other ways to make more power for the money...

I agree with dyna and superchicken, if you're just looking for hp gains and nothing else (suspension, traction), I'd go with porting and a welded crank, a stroker would be nice.  Don't get me wrong, I love my Dyna and recommend it to anyone when their stock CDI takes a shit, but there are plenty of other ways to make more power for the money...

284522[/snapback]

I agree. The ignition is nice, but you can set atiming plate to +6 or +7 and get enough of a gain to get what you need. If your looking for more raw power, then you need to bust into the cylinders. Think good portwork, or even a stroker or big bore setup. Those will get you the most power for your money. I bet you'd be lucky to get 3 or 4 hp with a Dyna ignition, if that. Portwork can be a 20% gain or more if done right. So, time to break that motor apart and do some real man's mods. :P Just make sure to plan it out. If you ever have plans to go stroker, then it might not be a good idea for a standard port job, because it might affect the ability to stroke the motor later, due to the port timing changes and all.