Clutch basket

USMCRider

cool thanks for the info.... also,  what do most of you guys run for your gears?? I am completely new to this as this is my first quad.  I  just want to make sure I dont screw it up form something stupid....  :shrugani:

283138[/snapback]

14/41 is stock but with a couple of bolts ons you might like a 15 in the front better.

Gearing really depends on what kind of riding you wanna do. I've got pipes/filters and timing advance and I actually prefer 13/41 in the sand. Then again, I'm not really keen on going 60+mph everywhere. Clutch-wise I really hope there isn't a difference. I just bought an uh...think a 2000 clutch for my 87. I'm 99.9% sure that its all the same. I think the only difference between your 98 and a bike on the showroom floor is that the new bikes have brake lights.

how long have u been in the usmc for??

283468[/snapback]

4yrs just re-enlisted for another go-round.....

283737[/snapback]

Thats awesome im in the Navy right now i been in for almost 6 months and i am having fun so far. i am stationed in pensacola, fl right now because i am goin to school for aviation structural mechanics. my hat is off to all of the marines, you guys are kickin ass over there! hope to see ya out in the fleet. :cheers:

Gearing really depends on what kind of riding you wanna do. I've got pipes/filters and timing advance and I actually prefer 13/41 in the sand. Then again, I'm not really keen on going 60+mph everywhere. Clutch-wise I really hope there isn't a difference. I just bought an uh...think a 2000 clutch for my 87. I'm 99.9% sure that its all the same.

I too run 13/41 in the sand; but I'm going to try going to a 15 since I'm now running a -2 swingarm. I'd like to see the difference myself. You shouldn't have any problems, I don't believe any internals have changed from 87 until now with the motor. For instance, my girl's old man is running the same clutch setup as I am in his 87....Hinson baskett with a Barnet DirtDigger clutch. :cheers: