runs like shit for 3 minutes?

gattaca37

the banshee will run like shit when 1st started, this problem just started. I am running the same jetting as 2 years ago, made sure the carbs were clean and synchronized. k&ns are clean and played with the air screw in carbs. She will act doggish (3-5 min) in 1-3 gears: 4-6 she will run great. Duncan said could be the rings, (weisco rings go bad they said) there is quite a bit of black residue coming out of flange & pipe. Sometimes she will foul a plug on this cylinder. Compression could be low I was told? I had the compression so low that I had to be pulled to start, I can start on 1st kick. Maybe the reeds, a season ago i replaced 1 side and I am guessing I replaced the right cylinder cause the left is giving me problems. I was running 93 with boost before and then I just went to 93 (cool head with 18cc, told I could run pump gas), do you think because I dropped the octane? No predetonation or knock, though. Tell what you guys think? thanks

I think you definitely need to check the compression...18cc domes and pump gas sounds real risky to me. I'd check it first before riding it any more, and then we'll go from there. Hopefully there hasn't been any damage done

Mine runs shitty at first too until it warms up, but once it's warm she does great.