reverse cylinder banshee

bluefrog

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

actually, a cranker is the opposite of what you two said. snowmobile cylinders on a banshee bottom end. the reverse cylinder bike in question is a pair of factory banshee cylinders spun around on the motor. carbs in front. pipes straight out the back. it is a big undertaking to do. you have to weld up and then re-cut the transfers in the case. not sure if it is worth the little bit of extra power you may get.

does look REALLY trick, though.

Has anyone ever put snowmobile cylinders on a banshee? And if so, what kind of cylinders/pistons etc, and was it worth the effort? Somebody bought the family turbo sled the other year and was going to use it for his banshee. I don't know if he was going to use the turbo or the 670 cylinders or the whole motor.

badshee. A cranker uses a ski-doo 670 crank case. a 670 crank modified with banshee crank ends. The crankcase is then bolted to a pair of welded plates on the banshee transmission side. Banshee bottom end only consists of the back half of the motor (crankcase back)

Not sure if that is what you meant, but that is how they are done.

Has anyone ever put snowmobile cylinders on a banshee? And if so, what kind of cylinders/pistons etc, and was it worth the effort? Somebody bought the family turbo sled the other year and was going to use it for his banshee. I don't know if he was going to use the turbo or the 670 cylinders or the whole motor.

k&tand packard do this.theres a cranker for sale on e bay and planetsand,i think the guy was even advertising it here.

• 3 years later...
its possible with ypvs cylinders too.....

anything is possible with the right fabricating skills. the guys at dynoedge made the same or better power with cylinders on the right way. there was no real significant gain running jugs backwards. it was just to be different.those were the infant days of cheetas. when guys were pushing stock cylinders to their limits.

My uncle used to reverse RD400 cylinders and then of course there is the rotax mated to banshee trannies. They are easy to work on and have very clean lines but they have a fatal flaw. For proper tuned length of the pipe the fattest portion of the pipe is usually directly above the Brake rotor and sprocket. Anykind of major whoops or minor jump smashes the pipes against them. My uncle tried everything including running twin marvin shaws jacked to the moon. K&T had the same problem.