Jim at Passion Racing- New Additions

bigwill

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

125hp out of a stock cylinder 4mill? No way in hell. It will only happen with the addition of nitrous. 4mill motors run good (I know, I have one), but there's no way they make that kind of power in a N/A application. If ANYONE in this business got 125hp out of a stock cylinder 4mill, wouldn't that make a 135hp 535 Cheetah seem like a waste of money? I can see 100-105 out of a stock cylinder 4mill, but that's about it.

Patriot racing makes a 95hp methanol 350 cc banshee, I dont see why a +4 mm couldnt get up in the 120hp range with some passion magic

A +4 crank will only gain you a few HPs (4-5 according to most builders) vs a stock crank, this is why in 300ft races 350cc Banshees are as fast as the ones using 4mm cranks.

sounds pretty crazy! so the X 1 and X 3 are 4mm strokers?  what happened to the X 2? :lol:

X-1 is stock stroke, X-3 is +4.

Ford diesels don't make that much HP anyway, I own a couple. :) What I read was a stock Chrysler Hemi (which is what the top fuel motors are "based" on) couldn't turn the supercharger. Which if you consider the blower on a 3.8 V-6 Ford Thunderbird supercoupe is supposed to require 50 HP to turn at 21PSI, it wouldn't be surprising that a blower for a 6000HP engine would take some effort.

Edited by jinx44

"Patriot racing makes a 95hp methanol 350 cc banshee, I dont see why a +4 mm couldnt get up in the 120hp range with some passion magic "

Dude, sorry to say, it takes more than a 4mm crank to add 25hp. I wish a 4mm crank would add that much hp. If that was the case, my bike probably would have been in the high 3's in 300 ft this year. Truth is, a 4mm crank only gives 5-10hp tops, as stated above. That main thing is that it gives more torque, something a heavier rider like myself can really use.

And for the record, I am by no means trying to down Passion Racing's porting. I think Jim really knows his shit, and is definitely a contender amongst Banshee builders.

The power is definitely in the porting. But do you really think he's found a secret that A&S, K&T, GRR, or Patriot or any others for that matter haven't found???? These guys have been in the business forever, and I'm yet to hear any of them claim that much HP out of a 4mm stock cylinder setup.

Again, I am not at all trying to bash Jim at Passion. I will say again that I feel he is very knowledgable, and can build a motor with some serious power. I am just saying it takes more than a 4mm crank and portwork to make 125hp.