Throttle getting stuck

XfiveGEE

Every now and then my throttle will get stuck in a high rpm. It's pretty scary! .. I have to slam the brakes or tap the thumb throttle in for the high revs to stop. I recently got my bike rejetted w/ pipes, reed valves and a cool head. This didnt happend before all the mods. Could this be the problem? Or could it be a messed up wire or sumthing :confused:

Also, will a YFZ throttle work on the Banshee? .. I'm sure it will ... I just like how looser the throttle is. Any help will be great. Thanks for reading.

Every now and then my throttle will get stuck in a high rpm. It's pretty scary! .. I have to slam the brakes or tap the thumb throttle in for the high revs to stop. I recently got my bike rejetted w/ pipes, reed valves and a cool head. This didnt happend before all the mods. Could this be the problem? Or could it be a messed up wire or sumthing :confused:

Also, will a YFZ throttle work on the Banshee? .. I'm sure it will ... I just like how looser the throttle is. Any help will be great. Thanks for reading.

Does it happen only when it's wet or been washed <_<

Does it happen only when it's wet or been washed <_<

Oh sure rub it in Rod :P mine still does it on occasion but since I've threatened to get some 28's she's let me hit a few puddles without tryin' to kill me again...

X5G getting the carbs wet will often cause them (or just one) to stick wide open, nobody's sure exactly why. I've also had one stick when the little guide for the carb slide turned, but that's probably not your case since you can stab the throttle and get it to quit. Oh and a 450 throttle may or may not make any difference, since you're still pulling two carbs...

Get a can of carb cleaner, spray around every gasket while its running, listen for your shee to start revving. Also, my throttle cable broke where the cable splits into 2 to run to each carb, I heard they break there frequently.

Do a search on "water" or "stuck carb", you will find this is a common problem. No great cure neither, heres 4 solutions: (1) put TORS back on(2)buy different carbs(3)avoid water in colder weather, (4) or just deal with it.

I've never experienced the "water problem" but wouldn't it probably only cause one slide to stick? I'm sure both could stick at the same time but it's unlikely and surely won't happen everytime.

If both slides are sticking at the same time it's probably your cable but could also be your throttle housing if you've gotten anything stuck in there. A temporary fix would be to lube your cable, but you might want to replace it. My throttle used to stick sometimes and changing the cable did the trick.

If only one slide is sticking it could still be the cable but is more than likely something in that carb. Specifically somewhere with the TORS assembly or slide.

If you can't tell whether it's both or one carb clean both carbs real well, then possibly replace cable.

I hope I've helped. It's really late and I'm tired. -_-