How do you remove the airbox

Banshee~

Its a real bitch, I hate doing it. You have to undo all the bolts(4) and remove the overflow of course, and push it foward toward the carbs and lift it out.

Tip- loosen the screws on the carb boots on the carb side only so when you remove the air box it still has the boots connected to the air box. This will make easier to reinstall the box when you are ready to.

yeah i just unscrewed and unbolted all the nuts and bolts but on the overflow i just got a grinder and cut of the back brackets so i still have the reserve or you could buy a 10 dollor clamp for it that is stainless but knowone shes the shit anywho

thats if your getting direct clamp on filters though and if you dont need the airbox no more

but if you need to put it back on just forget every thing i just said

:cheers:

Edited by jjfizzle51

is there a trick to it...do i have to remove the overflow tank....i cant figure out how to get it off...i need a clymers manual :rolleyes:

Are you kidding me? the airbox shoudl take about 2 minutes to get off...i usually take the rear plastics and silencers off and makes it 10 times easier and i can do all that in under 5 minutes.... banghead

I got rid of all that junk! K&n's straight off the back!