Anyone near Mt. St. Helens?

sredish

This is my biggest pet peeve about all these greenbacks crying about global warming and stuff to that nature.

Do they not understand that the world will take care of itself. If we warm the world up, it will cool itself down with dustclouds that have chemicals in them that will help repair the ozone layer as well.

If they think its gonna blow, its a good idea to evacuate the area, then again, if you choose to live that close to a volcano, you know the risk. You know it will go off at one point again, and choose your own destiny.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i saw it on bbc news 24 very early thins morning. looks pretty mental! they said on the news pretty much what you guys have said, that the area surrounding has/is being evacuated and they expect the eruption soon. i recon this is going to be a massive explosion! i studied the 1980 explotion at school and this 1 doesnt look that bad but you never know!

hope every1 near there will be ok!

Yup, here in buffalo, we get them nasty blizzards.... (or so they say). I'll take a blizzard any day over all the nasty shit that goes on elsewhere...... I have 2 Aunts that live in Washington. Vancouver I believe. DOn't know where that is in respect to this volcano though.... :wacko:

When you get done riding you have a ash mustache!!!!!!

thats gotta be better than an ass mustache :lol:

If they think its gonna blow, its a good idea to evacuate the area, then again, if you choose to live that close to a volcano, you know the risk. You know it will go off at one point again, and choose your own destiny.

thats kinda how i feel about all the people in florida. why would you wanna keep on living there after all that shit that just happened? i understand its peoples home, but is it really worth having to rebuild all the time??

This just in:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1319086,00.html

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20041003_689.html

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ount_st__helens

Either way, if it was to blow it's top then they've been predicting for years it'll be a big one. Hope not, for those of you who live near. And if it does there will be some crazy ass weather patterns to follow throughout the US. Over here in Maine we'd end up seeing freezing rain or snow as a result quite possibly.

But then again, I'm a web programmer, not Al Roker. :shrugani:

well i just heard on this mornings news that st.helens is definatly going to blow. i dont no what the news is with you but some guy in a dark blue jacket....looked like a police guy or park ranger said that the lava from the bottom is pushing it way to the top and its definatly going to blow. the lady said what will happen when it does blow and the guy said....."well, if it blows tomoro and yoiur still here with your news crew, youll be dead!" the facial expretion on the reporters face was a picture :lol:

Edited by tithead

I live in Portland OR and can see St. Helens out my front window. It did erupt this morning (again) and so far it hasn't been the big one. The sky looks gray from the first two eruptions but so far all it has been are white puffs of smoke and no ash. It's been reported that this one will not come close to the one in 1980. still i think its going to get real messy around here. I've got a camera set up at the house and am ready to take pics once it happens.

stay tuned...