FMF silencers

XfiveGEE

New to the boards ... just picked up a used 03' Banshee. I have a few questions I hope some can answer. First, I was looking into getting the FMF Fatty pipes, but I'm confused on what Silencer to get. I dont want it to be too quiet. I want it to have some nice sound when I'm on it! Any suggestions on (TurbineCore 2, PowerCore 2 or Titanium 2 silencer? Second, my kickstarter rattles like crazy when riding. Is this fixable? Will Yamaha do it? Last, the sides of my engine has alot of wear on it (next to the foot brake and shifter) Is it possible to get another side engine part? I just want my bike to look a little bit cleaner. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

New to the boards ... just picked up a used 03' Banshee. I have a few questions I hope some can answer. First, I was looking into getting the FMF Fatty pipes, but I'm confused on what Silencer to get. I dont want it to be too quiet. I want it to have some nice sound when I'm on it! Any suggestions on (TurbineCore 2, PowerCore 2 or Titanium 2 silencer? Second, my kickstarter rattles like crazy when riding. Is this fixable? Will Yamaha do it? Last, the sides of my engine has alot of wear on it (next to the foot brake and shifter) Is it possible to get another side engine part? I just want my bike to look a little bit cleaner. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

1st off welcome to the site..

I run pc2's on my fatty's.... sounds good to me and everybody I ride with. It's not raspy, smooth sound (my girl says it sounds like a ferrari sometimes <_< ). Pretty much all of fmf's stuff sounds about the same.

Kickstarter: Easy fix... do a search click on my assistant then search for rattling kickstarter*

Engine cases: Do you want stock or aftermarket? If you want aftermarket you can get CHROME :headbang: or polished aluminum it's gonna run you about 200$ a side though.

Mike

Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have any photos of the polished aluminum engine case? I think I'll just stick with the black for now. Were can I purchase these? Also, how are the V Force Reed Valves? I heard good write ups about them, but wanted to hear about it from the board members. Do they add good low to mid torque/power? My friends has reed valves in his 01', but I'm not too sure the brand name of them.

Go to the images section and click on "sand sports supershow" I bet it will have everything billet there is for 'shees in there. I run the boyesen rad valve in my 'shee.... I HEARD that the v-force gives a little more power but have yet to see it in real life. :dance: .

BTW: I wouldn't go w/ billet side cases unless your bike is a duner or a trailer queen.

Mike

Welcome to the forums :cheers:

I run powercore 2's and they rock. I repacked them a few weeks ago and skimped a little on the packing this time. It sounds like a formula 1 car revving up. :drool::drool::drool:

As far as the engine sides, you can get shiny billet aluminum covers, but like txblueshee said itll get scratched up eventually on muddy trails. I don't know how much oem replacements are, but one side of the motor (chain side) you have to replace the whole case cover while the other side(brake side) is just a round cover and a water pump cover that should fix the problem.

The kickstarter problem sucks, we all have it and if you dont fix it right away its gonna rattle till it wears the bold down and its gonna fall off and youll lose it ont he trail or something. I dont have the post, but I think holyman has a guide to fix it.

I never fixed mine and i lost it. I took a xr70 kickstarter and cut the spline off it and welded it to my outer spline so I can always take the kickstarter off and get a new one if I want, but so far this worked great for me.

hi im new too, i am from argentina, and i dont know english very well so if you see some disgusting mistakes! sorry! :(

i m running the power core 2, and for me they sound great!! but down here is hard to find good stuff, and i was thinking of getting the new t6 pipes, the thing is that here no one has tommey pipes, you only can find "bills", "dg", or "fmf", so if you know how they work please let me know! thanks!

As far as I could tell, the PC2's and the turbine core 2's sound pretty much the same. The TC's have a spark arrestor though which might be required in your local riding area. For mods, go on ebay and type 'banshee'. On any given day you'll probably get about 30 pages worth of parts to browse.

hi im new too, i am from argentina, and i dont know english very well so if you see some disgusting mistakes! sorry! :(

i m running the power core 2, and for me they sound great!! but down here is hard to find good stuff, and i was thinking of getting the new t6 pipes, the thing is that here no one has tommey pipes, you only can find "bills", "dg", or "fmf", so if you know how they work please let me know! thanks!

the tr6's are real good pipes for what they are made for, stock banshee's. I had them, but traded them for the t5's because I am getting porting done. The tr6's pull harder than the t5's bottom to top, they have great bottom end for being a high rev pipe. They sound SWEEEET, even better than the t5s, but not much better. I also love the design, its so smooth, i wish that i could have kept them, but i do whats best for performance :headbang: If no one runs them where you live you will really turn some heads, THEY ARE LOUD, ASK MY NEIGHBORS! :rotflmao:

• 3 weeks later...