Labor Weekend Gone Wrong

flyin_banshee

Beginning of August I convinced my wife and then bought a 1998 Banshee. I've owned and rode quads before but this was different, a Banshee, something I've always wanted. I was excited waiting for Laborday weekend so I could ride my Banshee for more than a stroll around the yard. It was the beginning of labor day weekend and I pulled out the Banshee and rode for an hour. Then this is where everything changed for me.

I was in a race with a friend who was on a CR 125 dirtbike. I had a rolling start then shifted in second and bliped the throttle and the Banshee stood straight up on me. I rode the wheelie down but somehow went straight into a ditch. I shot forward over the handlebars and from what I was told. My Banshee flipped forward twice before landing upside down. I ended up with a hairline fracture on my left wrist and a bunch of deep scrapes on my back. The Banshee ended up with handlebars bent in 3 places, a bent front rim and a front tire with two puncture holes in the sidewall. That ruined my hoilday weekend but now I can't wait to heal and get the Banshee in working order so I can ride her again.

man that sucks. first time out and you bite it. happened to me when i got my '04. took it to Croom here in FL which is a good hour and a half away, unloaded it, let her warm up and ill be damned if 30 minutes into the ride, i hit a stump, it spun me around and slammed the shee backwards into a pine tree. broke the grab bar, folded the plastics, broke the tail light and bent the axle, so it was a long ride back to camp.

That sucks! You have to respect the power of the shee, or the banshee gods will f*ck you up! :whoa:

Next time when racing a cr125 just laugh at him, he's not even worth the gas.

Get some nice ITP rims all around and some new bars and you'll be all set! You can probably plug the tire.