fuel leak

bick

If the petcock is closed and its still leaking, yeah, the petcock needs to be rebuilt. I think its just an O-ring and such in there. Your float level needs adjusting and/or needle valves need inspection and possible replacement, as even if the petcock is bad those should stop fuel from filling into the carbs when the level is correct.

In the meantime, unhook the fuel line and drain it back into your gas can so you don't lose your fuel and create a mess.

if you have the gas off, then your problem is there. at least if you have had it off for long enough. i know i have a float prob on mine, if i shut off the gas and trailer it for a few hundred miles, when i turn the gas on it just starts flowin out the over flow, then i kick it a few times and it stops. got a few mods i am waiting to install so i havent taken the carbs apart and cleaned them yet, but only cause i know i have the prob and what to do wand when it will happen. try and tap lightly on the carbs and see if it stops pouring. if it does not. then you need to take them apart and clean and reset them . and as for the petcock, put the tube coming right out of it in a can and see if it is working. if not try and fix it or buy a new one. let me know if you have any more info for the prob

Looks like you might have two problems.

Needle valves:

1) Check float height, should be 20-22 mm

2) Check to see if there's debris keeping the rubber seal from sealing properly; check condition of the rubber seals, if it has deep grooves, it might be time for new ones

3) Could be sticking, a couple good sharp but light whacks with a screwdriver handle might free it up

Petcock:

Probably needs new o-ring. I've never rebuilt a Banshee petcock but I've rebuilt others. I'll assume the Banshee petcock is no different. Should be a 5 minute job.