Ford Lightening

Ducman

I've wanted one of the these trucks for a long time and my wifes been bugging me to get another truck and sell my car since I sold my old truck 2 years ago to help for the downpayment on our house. Her cousins have a dealership liscense and buy cars from the wholesale auctions in the SF Bay Area and said they can get me a killer deal on one. They had a lightening a couple mopnthes ago, an 02' low miles they got for $17k that I kick myself for not buying off them banghead I believe in 02' they went from 360 hp to 385hp, don't know exactly what they changed though. They are an F-150 regular cab that come with a supercharged 5.4L, lowered sport suspension, big brakes, and 18" wheels. The only thing I dont really like is the auto transmission but it may actually help keep me out of trouble.

What do you all think of this truck? Heard any bad things about them? Seems like there is a lot of them that are only a few years old with low miles for sale but I think that is because a lot of guys that buy them really don't realize that it is more of a hot rod than a truck.

the lightnings are killer trucks. but, if you want something with more room and a bit more luxury, check out the 02 / 03 harley davidson f150.

Wouldn't beat the camero eh? I thought it was only second to the vett in the 1/4 mi of american sport cars or at least thats what the speedvision compario said. It's got the ponnies but it does have the wieght of a truck. I just hope that its faster than the car I have now so I'm not dissapointed.

The new viper engine dodge truck is definitely way more bad ass but costs another $20 grand. Thats all I plan on spending in the first place. I have read that simply adding a chip with fuel curves that isn't as eco friendly as stock gets it real close to 400 hp and with a nice exhaust gets you to about 405, 410.

I talked with the cousins today, they said the one they had was a tire smokin good time. Hope they can come through with a smokin deal for me too.

The Lightings and SRT's are both sweet trucks. I thought i heard somewhere that ford was going to redo the Lighting for 05, with some ungodly numbers pushing the 500hp marker(rumor???) They were supposed to have messed with AC(air conditioning) and routed it so that it forced cold air in the intake.

I just read in the latest issue of OFF-ROAD, that Dodge is going to be redoing the HEMI, and is reported to be pushing 400hp. (and) ford is redoing their big V8 to compete with it.....

good luck duc, thats a sweet ride!

it ran with the camaro..but i usually always beat him. I always beat him driving his lightning but he can't drive a stick for shit. I have raced a couple others and had similiar results, so i'm guessing its not just the driver(unless its me of course). I was impressed being a truck. I would buy one if i wasn't more concerned about towing than going fast in a truck. maybe one day when i have the extra money to splurge.

SRT-10 is the truck to beat!!! :drool:

no there slow.........jet ski buddy own's the dodge dealership here in town.....i raced the first one in the state of SC with my old fullsize.....never touched the bottle and still blew his doors off........most i gave him was 4 out the break and still got him by 2 trucks. The lightening is the way to go for factory hot rod trucks.......the SS imoa seems like it can't get outta its own damn way. one of the techs here at the dealership bought one and did a bunch of shit to it and it still seems slow.......but hell my truck had 613 rw.

I thought i heard somewhere that ford was going to redo the Lighting for 05, with some ungodly numbers pushing the 500hp marker(rumor???) They were supposed to have messed with AC(air conditioning) and routed it so that it forced cold air in the intake.

originally it was scheduled for 05... but svt bumped it to 06 (same for the new body style cobra, and hopefully back to the F150 for the harley davidson)

some one was tellin me all it takes is an exaust and adjustmets on the super charger pullies for the lightening to keep up with the srt 10

I saw it in Muscle Mustangs and fast Fords, a couple years ago. They changed the pulley and might have added a new air intake but that was all and it was making 525HP with 22lbs boost, no detonation at all, all stock except what I have already said.