Another problem

What do i do know, somehow the stud that bolts the head on to the jugs stripped and the threads inside the jug is stipped so you cant tighten the and of the head down therefor it leaks coolent, its the 2 bolts that stick out on the end tords the front of the quad if you can picture the particular bolts were talking about, so what do i do is it safe to tap new treads but then how will the head slide over a bigger bolt, can i weld it on there or what is the fix to this problem

Edited by Bansheeman1121

Not to be a dick...........

But.....

I don't know if you have a Clymer's Manual or not, but I would definitely suggest investing in one.

You should also get a good torque wrench. I believe that the head studs are supposed to be torqued to like 15 lbs.....and then do them again to 20 lbs.

You are trying to tighten a steel bolt into aluminum......One is harder than the other, thats why you stripped it. It doesnt take too much, as you can already tell. It might save you next time.

Later

Monk

I believe that the head studs are supposed to be torqued to like 15 lbs.....and then do them again to 20 lbs.

Monk, I don't want to be a dick either, but I would not recommend tightening the studs to 20 ft.lbs for exactly the same reasons you stated above. I add a few drops of red Loctite 271 to the threads, screw in the studs by hand and give them a small nip.

The head and base nuts should be torqued in the way you stated...