Let's see some flat track/tt pics!

John19

Jack, we missed you at the National this weekend. 14 entries in Pro-AM ST. Brandon Watts won.

I blew my motor once again. Two motors, two races. I haven't pulled it apart yet, but I know it wasn't the crank like last time.

How did D do, or did he even race? Did Brandon beat everybody by a half a lap like he always does? What's up with your motor?

D was about 6th. His cousin was like 4th. Brandon didn't pull away from the rest.

First time the motor went, the outer crank bearing broke all the way around where the groove is for the half ring keeper then the rest of the outer race shattered and pieces got into the rod bearing and ruined it. When the rod bearing locked, it shoved forward on the piston and cracked the cylinder sleeve. After talking with Jim, I ground out the cracked part of the sleeve so I could get my motor back together for the race. I put a TZ bearing on the crank I had for my drag bike and dropped it in with new pistons. In the heat race, my motor once again seized and I clutched it and pulled ff the track. It was EXTREMELY hot and once it cooled, it would start on the left cylinder but had no compression on the right. I pulled the plugs and the left one looked fine but the right side was coated in melted aluminum. My fuel line to the right side is slightly pinched but I thought it should have flowed enough fuel, but maybe I was wrong. Either that or it was sucking air somewhere. It wasn't showing any signs of an air leak though. I am so disgusted with it I haven't even pulled it apart yet.

D's seized also as he pulled off the track after the heat race. We both ran a different air filter than normal so they might have been lean do to those. He changed back to his old filters, let the motor cool and ran the feature with no problems.