How important is break in?

Just wondering, i know how everything works and after 2 1/2 tanks i just couldn't control my self any more. I figured that the rings were already seated.

they say its oposite on a 4 stroke... Ive been told that you should go right out and pound on a 4 stroke :o and baby a 2 stroke :( . I really dont know for sure but someone can post a site that has all the info you need (I just dont remember what it was or Id post it myself)...

oh ya and I think your fine after 2.5 tanks HIT IT!! :bolt:

when i first got my drit bike (ttr 225 4stroke) they said just not to excessivly do high rpms, and its good to do an oil change right after break in because i found lots of metal shavings in there

It says in the clymer manual to run it at 16:1 for a bit and let it warm up and drive it around a little not revving it, then drain gas and put 24:1 in it and drive it a bit not revving then let it cool down and start it back up and start hitting the powerband. It doesn't say how many tanks of gas, but 2.5 should be ok as long as you aren't really gunning it.

I just got mine bored and when I get the crank put back in and put together I am going to baby it it cost too much to fix it this time to be cranking on it during important break in time.