missing teeth

97banshrider

well this past weekend me and some buddies went to ride out at knolls. well 15 min into it we find this jump. so i get off the bansh and get on my buddies arctic cat DVX and hit this bitch 3rd gear pinned it throws me up from what they all said about 18 ft or so in the air when i come back down i hit with the rear wheels first and the momentum thrust me forward despite the fact im wearing a helmet my chin hits the brake reservoir and throws my jaw shut. As luck would have it i broke 3 teeth put a hole all the way through my lip the size of a dime and in my chin. well to say the least i have about $15,000 dollars of oral surgerys and braces ahead of me. luckily i am covered under health insurance and my parents are picking up the rest. well the best advice i can give is wear a mouthpiece whenever you ride i'm not saying it will happen to you but i must say 15,000 dollars for future surgery and stitches i wish that i had been wearing one. you might not feel that tough wearing one but i must be honest it beats the pain i'm facing now.

My buddy broke his collar bone in 3 places at the Knolls. He landed a nice fat jump...then outta no where he wobbled (he was riding a YZ250) and down he went. I guess they tried driving him to Wendover and they told him they didn't have the capabilities to treat him, so they had to drive all the way back to LDS in SLC. He was also about 2 weeks from getting insurance through his work.

where is knolls i been thinking of going there some time :cheers:

Head I-80 west like you are going to Wendover. Then take the exit marked The Knolls...I think...lol its been at least since 01 since I was there.

Nice place. Has some small dunes, some hard pack and some soft pack. It has a section that is perfect for drag racing. Nice flat and tons of traction. I didn't bring paddles because the sand is mixed with hard pack. It was still a fun time.

That sucks man...could have been worse though had you not been wearing a helmet. ;)

My g/f's dad pulled an sredish & did damn near the same thing...but he was wearing an old school open face helmet & planted his front teeth into the handlebars & proceeded to rap the handles around the gas tank. 1 shattered jaw, some metal plates in his face, full set of false teeth, and about 4mo's of re-couping & surgeries....he was back on his bike. :headbang:

Hang in ther kiddo...make sure your lady 'shaves'....they don't like braces getting caught up in the hair down there; if ya know what I mean. :P