Painting plastic?

Wicked_56711

If you go down to the local automotive paint store, They can mix you ANY COLOR paint you want with the flex agent in it. You dont have to settle for what Krylon has on the shelf. Tell them you want it in a spray can. There are a few steps in the process, but it is real easy. I did my tank and radiator cover about a year ago and it still looks good. There is a small chip where I dropped a screw driver on it.

Keep in mind, when painting prep work is everything!

• 4 weeks later...
If you go down to the local automotive paint store, They can mix you ANY COLOR paint you want with the flex agent in it. You dont have to settle for what Krylon has on the shelf. Tell them you want it in a spray can. There are a few steps in the process, but it is real easy. I did my tank and radiator cover about a year ago and it still looks good. There is a small chip where I dropped a screw driver on it.

Keep in mind, when painting prep work is everything!

outofcontrol is right... i used to go to the paint store and have them mix me up gunmetal and bronze paint to paint rims on some of my cars... i used to spray the paint through a Pre-Val sprayer...(approx $6 bux) and it sprays real even

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I painted my boy's triZinger with the PLASTICOTE primer from HomoDepot. Sanded down many years of old krylons and factory paint. The fenders are 20yrs old or so they are weathered the the point where it got a shavin at places where the plastic was britle. I followed the direction on the can of primer, which allows you to use any type of paint on top of it. (plastic or cheapo spray) I did that about 1 year or so. I paint is chipping, but only in the spots where it was hit or knicked by something. I'll be the first to admit, he's had some fender*benders. The boy rides through every stinkin mud hole he stumbles upon. It still holds up to the pressure wash.

I think on newer fenders the PLASTIcote would work great.

• 4 weeks later...

i just paintd mine with krylon fusion i sanded the plastic with automotive grade sandpaper and a couple coats of primer then several coats of black leting it dry real good between coats then i put acouple coats of clear on it looks good if i ever get my hands on a camera ill post pics i went out riding with it recently and its held up good im sure evenually it will wear through but for now it seams ok