Wide Open Racing

warwgn

Jason got his bike tore down on monday and sent his stuff off for machine work on tuesday, it was time for a rebuild, he only had 95psi in each cyl. He should bet all his stuff back in 2 weeks, so well see how good of a builder he is :whoa: I still havent messed with the raptor yet, got to get a puller from pat so I can tear it down and patch the one way bearing, gonna try using an o-ring it should last for awhile. Hey Ben, did you get your stuff all done yet?? :ph34r:

Damn you guys have been busy too, I've had other shit going on so I haven't even got a damn skidplate yet. Is that bearing on the starter? Can you get a sealed bearing? I'm still waiting on my jugs but chances are I won't be able to do the motor work until after the season is over, but we'll see what happens. Hope everything goes all right with both of ya, don't get lazy on the month off heh, September will be here soon...

been to busy and lazy to mess with the starter yet. Got all the tools together to pull the flywheel and do whats needed to fix it I hope, gonna start it today or tomorrow. I did order new pilot jets, and got a gasket for the case so I am ready to start pulling stuff apart, and I got a 25 fin in-line cooler on the way I'll let you know how it looks and fits and soon after that how it works!! If you curious what I got to do to the starter go to raptortranny.com and look under oneway bearing it shows the patch I am gonna try untill I got the money to get a good aftermarket one. Hope it holds!!

Ben you got to get the motor done soon, cant wait to see how it runs!!

Edited by warwgn

• 2 weeks later...

Jason got his bike together it runs really good, he's got 140PSI now so he is ready to play!!, He still needs to do a little jetting but he is close now. He hasent really got in to it hard yet but he should be ready for that soon. So cant say how he compares to the 686, we were going to race again but I have to push start again, the o-ring didnt last but about 30 starts, but it was enough to get the jets dialed in better for me. Glad I didnt go to southern to try it out, I would have had to throw a fit like DON at the espanola race. On a funny note the raptor was running bad on the bottom first time out with Jason and of course his front sproket had to come off about a mile from the house and I had to go home get a strap and tow him back with a bike that stalls and sputters at low speed, I got him home but he got roostaed a couple times!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

We got it all fixed up and got mine jetted then after I put all my plastic on I told him to take the raptor for a ride and he hit the start and it just spun and wirred but didnt start :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:bangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbanghead . Back to the drawing board!! :flush::yank::yank: