Muscle cars or Imports

Do you prefer the roar of a big-inch NA V8 or the mellow buzz of an import while taking corners?  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna do a long burn out in a diesel dually and leave 4 black marks not just 2 :headbang:

I used to have a pic of my old '01 White dually doin that but of course, I can't find it. Had a detroit in the rear and i could light them fuckers up. Bad thing about hopped-up diesels, they have so much freaking power that it's dangerous as hell to drive them when it's been raining, but it's more fun that way.

I wanna do a long burn out in a diesel dually and leave 4 black marks not just 2 :headbang:

I used to have a pic of my old '01 White dually doin that but of course, I can't find it. Had a detroit in the rear and i could light them fuckers up. Bad thing about hopped-up diesels, they have so much freaking power that it's dangerous as hell to drive them when it's been raining, but it's more fun that way.

sredish, last winter i was sittin at a stop light when it was kinda icy out. all of a sudden the rear end of my truck started sliding. i was like wtf. well i had kinda let off the brakes cuz it was flat where i was sittin. my tires were just spinnin away out back. i was like damn, now thats some torque.

Any opinions on these?

i love the style but hp wise :yank:. there's a guy here in cola, that's got a kit car and an orginal 67 427 cobra. his kit which as shelby big block in it. couldn't do shit with my 01 with a 385 fast burn crate motor with a whipple on it.

The only reason why I really miss that truck is when i see a couple of punk ass kids in there supra's and they think there fast.

Even I thought it was funny about the overrating the "320HP" cobra. 

Lets go back a couple years before Mopar "got screwed".  1963 to be exact when Ford released the 427 SOHC motor nicknamed the "Cammer".  Since the 409 and whatever hemi Mopar ran then weren't anywhere close to turning the power of the overhead cammed ford, NASCAR added to the rule books that all engines must have a cam-in-block design.  What i am saying is think about how much more awesome the musclecar era would have been if Ford could have ran with this.  Ford could have built a better name for themselves in NASCAR which would have propted them to offer more performance cars in the late 60's.  There would have been even more players on the field.  Instead this was a big blow to Ford because all the time and money that it took to design the first overhead cam V-8 was now down the drain.  As you know back then you had to drop the motor you were racing into production cars.  Why should they keep trying to improve their engines if NASCAR could so easily change the rulebook and disqualify them.  If you look at the history, Ford then started getting heavy into TransAm racing.  TransAm racing was more overseas and not really centered around americans like NASCAR and it didn't make the impact in america like NASCAR did.  It wasn't until the intoduction of the BOSS 429 when ford started designing motors again for NASCAR racing.  By this time the musclecar era was coming to a close.  While Ford was out of it, sharp looking cars from GM and Mopar had dominated sales the last few years.  Us ford fans are left with the mustang and a few oversized cars such as the Cyclone and Torino's.

I had completely forgot about the cammer. Talk about open mouth insert foot...LOL You do raise some good points though.Just think how much farther along we would be with OHC engines if Ford continued the charge forward. Everybody else would have had to follow in order to compete. We could very well have had an OHC Mach 1! Many apologies for being so brutal... I can admit when I am wrong.

Edited by BansheeJerry

I don't have any vids but i do have a pic of the the fastest car in the world on street tires aka drag radials. He is my brothers buddy. Its a 1990 lx mustang notch back. The car has a 306 single turbo motor. He makes about 900 hp, and could make more but to much power for the tires. He is dwyane "big daddy" gutridge. He has a shop in jackson NJ by me. OUtragous mustangs. He did a photo shoot for the race pages a couple years back when the BFg class opened, and to impress everyone with how well he could get the car to hook he had the car so high in the wheel stand that he hit the back bumper and all four tires came off the ground. I can't find that picture but i am sure i could get it from my brother. He runs some where in the mid to high 7's on street DOT aproved tires. No one in his class is catching up to him yet. He found out one time by mistake that if he filled the one of the bigger fuel cells all the way up, he got so much more traction then he did before. The car is sick, but i think the driver is even sicker. My man is one nasty driver

i dunno. i will love muscle cars til the end. my dad had a 68 malibu (i think it was 68)when i was just a little kid. i was around 5 or 6, it had a highly modded blown 350 that would straight up rock your world. you could feel it thumping in the house when he would start it up in the back yard. we had to sell it some years ago because he couldnt afford to run it... ever. i wish he would have had that car when i turned 16. that would have been sick. i wanted that car so bad. ill try to find some pics of it.

but my dad bought a 2003 harley davidson F150. man when you floored it, all you could hear was the dam supercharger whine... so nice.

im looking into a '90 Mustang 5.0 to start building. should be fun. anyone selling one?

and most of you are right, there is no replacement for displacement.

ok bunch of things

to start off i have a pic of a duly burnout from the contest at the 4wheel jamboree if any one wants to see it, BUT its taken thru a fence and theres so much smoke you cant tell what it is

2nd muscel rules, and about the deisle thing I had an idea about gettin a 2x4 dullie (or if u wana say 4x6) deisle and making it fast as a sleeper but never put alot of thought into it

3 fast and furious, went to see the first just cuz of the charger, it gets a min of movie time and then gets wrecked, went to see the 2nd one thinkin "all right some muscel cars tearin it up", year one somethin and yenko somethin nova and camaro? correct me if i'm wrong its been a while since I saw it, but they wound up gettin beat to hell too. I heard rumors of a 3rd one. . .in japan tho so I dont think theres much hope for it.

4th MINI VANS!!!!!!1 my frined has one, well his grandmothers, all stock but has a decent for 6 banger in it. first time I ride in it i'm makin fun of him for drivin it. civic pulls up to us at a light. my friend revs it and all, once the civic figured out wth was goin on he decided to rev back and race we pulled slightly ahead after the hole shot and he dident get past us again till we turned off and he did that fly by thing they do.

I think it is funny that a bunch of people with a japanese 4 wheeler are saying buy american.

The Subaru WRX STI beat the 390 HP Cobra in Hot Rod Magazine. Thats right, HRM did the test. 300 HP aWD turbo.

I like Muscle cars and a few ricers. I just think it is funny when a 4 banger hands a V* it's ass.

Remember the Cyclone? That was a fast 6 cylinder. I am always one for the underdog.

1. It was a challenger i think, not a nova.

2. Turbos are not a replacement for CI, just an excuse for some higher dyno numbers. If a 500hp NA car and a 500hp Turbo car were to race, the NA would have pulled away much sooner. Much crisper throttle response and low end, and more reliable.

I think it is funny that a bunch of people with a japanese 4 wheeler are saying buy american.

The Subaru WRX STI beat the 390 HP Cobra in Hot Rod Magazine. Thats right, HRM did the test. 300 HP aWD turbo.

I like Muscle cars and a few ricers. I just think it is funny when a 4 banger hands a V* it's ass.

Remember the Cyclone? That was a fast 6 cylinder. I am always one for the underdog.

cuz they cobra spun till the 1/8 marker

thank you ssbanshee, i was just about to type that till i seen you did. In my MM&FF did a test of the cobra with a 600 dollars worth of parts to fix the wheel hop, and to give it more power and the thing had 460hp and ran an eleven somthing. The car is sick from the factory. I wanna say this now, before some one jumps down my throut, the mustang is my favorite car, but it doesn't mean i think its the best.

here is a pic of a mustang done up old school as i call it

I like big-blocks, and I like the imports also. I have respect for any type of vehicle that has been put together properly. Actually, I would love to have a sweet import for cruising at night or something.

However, you are ALL missing the new wave. Turbo-diesel. My 6.0L 8k pound truck is hitting the 1/4 in under 14 seconds, and all I've done at this point is throw a module and an exhaust. Where else can you do that? There are some that drag their diesel and are hitting 12's and flirting with 11's and putting out so much freaking torque that the imports would run away and cry, yet they get 22mpg and cruise down the highway better than they did from the factory. The new Volkswagen SUV will be offered with a diesel motor putting out 350 or so hp and like 500lbs of torque, and that's awesome for that little suv.

Now, I know, these things are more expensive, but hey lets put the end goal out there, who is fastest and who has most potential?

i have video of a few diesels going up against a viper, a ford lightning, and a few stangs, and beating them :whoa:

YES I remember the Syclone!! I test drove one brand new in 91. I still get a chub everytime I think about it! One word... AWESOME!! :cheers:

Edited by BansheeJerry