kick start lever?

yellabanshee

i dont think strength or service life is an issue, cause its not what youd call a seriously stressed component. but i bet you can find a stock one much cheaper than you can find a billet one. just check the for sale section for bikes that are being parted out or spend some time on eBay.

Mine fell off too so I welded a kickstarter off a late 70's Honda XR 80 to the base where the old kickstarter was. It works awesome. Dealership wanted me to buy the whole kickstarter assembly (all the springs and gears for the transmission included) for 140 bucks and wouldn't sell me the kickstarter seperately.

Just find an old kickstarter somewheres and weld it to the base, you can always take it off the spline if you get a new kickstarter.

I got a billet james lucky one on my banshee, they sell two styles of kickers, one thats similar in design to the stock kicker and one heavy duty one. I bought the heavy duty one and I love mine, it looks great, weights less than stock and Iv never had one single problem with mine.

JLstarter5.jpg

JLstarter6.jpg