no gas milage

hey all....my bikes runnin great..but for some reason i get absolutely no gas mileage...all my freinds on yfz's and raptors get 3 times as much riding on a tank as me...i can only ride about 12 miles and it needs to be flipped to reserve

any ideas?

hey all....my bikes runnin great..but for some reason i get absolutely no gas mileage...all my freinds on yfz's and raptors get 3 times as much riding on a tank as me...i can only ride about 12 miles and it needs to be flipped to reserve

any ideas?

i'd be checking for a leak in the petcock or around the carbs.

speed cost gas,,,

i kill a tank in no time if i am in it or racing p olds but if you cruise yuo shold be cool on milage... what do the plugs look like..

a comparison my wifes blaster uses a tank plus a tank all weekend but dont ride as much i will kill 10 gallons with out even trying in a weekend

yeah all that's great, I can kill 10 or so gallons in a weekend myself, but I can go well over 12 miles before needing more fuel. Hell, I can be out in the dunes for 4 hours or so on a full tank. That just doesn't sound right.

yeah all that's great, I can kill 10 or so gallons in a weekend myself, but I can go well over 12 miles before needing more fuel. Hell, I can be out in the dunes for 4 hours or so on a full tank. That just doesn't sound right.

exactly...i cn only ride for about an hour and a half on one tank in the woods...the bike has t5s and az k&n with the lid on...jetted at 220's

i had a leak but it was very very little and i fixed that...i always turn my gas off when im taking a break..any other ideas?

i'll think about it a little bit.

sure you don't have some friends who are f*^king with you? :lol: it's got to be going somewhere. check your tranny oil for any sign of premix, i'm sure that wouldn't be it, but just a thought that ran through my head. how about the overflow tubes coming off of the carbs, maybe your floats aren't adjusted properly and it just flows out of the overflow under the shee where you'd never see it, especially when riding.

i'll think some more, good luck.

any ideas?

Are you serious? You are comparing a 4 stroke to a 2 stroke. :blink:

Of course a 4 stroke will run longer on a tank of gas.

All depends on how hard you are running. If you are balls to the wall, you are going to burn it.

If you are worried about gas mileage, I have a Polaris Trailboss I am selling. :jesterlaugh::jesterlaugh:

Think about the mechanical differences between a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke. A 2 stroke fires twice as much as a 4 stroke moving at the same RPM. Therefore any 2 stroke should burn approximately twice as much fuel as a comparable 4 stroke.

When my shee was stock I road ORV trails and could last all day on a tank... that was like 5 hours, but the trails I was riding never really opened up for me to get any major speed.. not to mention that was when I first started riding so I didnt know wtf I was doing. Now the other day I was riding and used like 1/3 tank in like 20 mins.... :flush: this all serves no purpose to this post, but just thought I would add it cause all that gas use is because of mods..