180'S TO 270'S OR 280'S

Runnin t-6 pipes with 2:1 filter system and .020 over wiseco pistons. I am putting the bike back together tonight and I just wanted to know if going from stocker 180 jets to 270 or 280 sounds right? The 270's and 280's are what Toomey sent in the pipe kit. Any help appreciated. :blink:

if ya got 300 i would start there but if 280 is the biggest put them in and do a plug chop.. ( wide open in 1st 2nd 3rd gear then pull in the clutch and hit the kill switch at the same time remove spark plug and look at the color) you want a golden brown like dark toast. if its black you can jet it down to a 270 and repeat and so on..

Are they dyno jet needles??

i had a set and did alot of playing aroud with them to get them to work . Banchetta rode te bike and we tried a different combination and it is still not right but it is ok...

run the stock needles U may need to up the pilot to a 27.5 but check it once its all working.. if it starts easy cold with no choke most likely it rich...

Damn, I'm seriously glad I found this site because I get so much good info. that my stealership could never supply. You guys always have an answer and if you dont you guys can tell me where to get it. This place is the shit. Hopefully my shee will run great right off the bat but if not I know where I will go for help! Never seen a place like this before. Good stuff guys! :cheers:

Oh yeah, they are dynojet needles. I will try the stock ones first though I think.

Edited by Banshee169

as long as he is not holding it pinned for a long time and just cleaning it out it should be fine ... better to have the jetting right or rich than lean and melt a piston. rings are easier and cheaper than a head piston a bore job.. .02...

i always ride and breack it in like i am going to ride it i put it aroung the first tank and then let her rip preaty much all out buy the third tank all ut...

how long do you think they let motors breack in on a dyno before they start doing pulls enough time to seat the cam and get the jetting close...

You need bigger than that dude, I am on a stock bore with T5's and the 2:1 and am running 370 mains at Glamis.

that does nto sound right at all, unless you have some serious engine work...

I used to run slightly rich with 320 K&N and Fattys at glamis, if your running foam 300-280 should be about right...

if your still breakin in the engine and not going WOT your main jet won't be fully used anyways. I would break it in for 2 tanks with the 300's then check the plugs and go from there....I can't imagine a 300 would be too far off.