Ported 350 or Vito's 404

ytbcrb

Which do you prefer?And why.......  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Define "faster". Are you lookin for straight line drag racing faster, or are you talking about faster on a MX track or everyday normal trail riding fast ? I dont have any drag racing experience, but others have said the ported 350 will be faster in a straight line drag race over an equally modded and ported 404. Not sure of the reasoning, but I dont have any proof either way which is faster in a straight line.

Iv been riding these quads since '87 and have zero experience drag racing, its just not done here. Everyone who rides were I ride is into hill climbing, snow riding, sliding, donuts, trail riding, racing around homemade tracks and basically just fuckin around.

Now some guys build thier banshees to win drag races, and thats great, but alot of us build our banshees for everything else but drag racing. If you wanna drag race only then listen to the drag racing guys recommendations and get a drag ported 350. If you ride your quad where you have to steer it, slide it, wheelie it, power up hills it, fast eye watering trail ride it, deep muddin', fallen tree hoppin, trail riding then Id would say without a doubt in my mind that a broad powered, non lightswitch, torquey, reliable, strong running mx ported big bore will get you through the trails faster than any high revving, high strung, weak low end power, strong top end powered drag ported 350.

Id bet I could race my mx ported 404 through 5 miles of woods, rocky tight paths and muddy twisty trails faster than any equally modded and mx ported 350. Anyone wanna try to race me with thier drag banshees through the woods and trails.... you'll acually have to turn the handlebars and steer for this race, and maybe use the suspension too. :lol:

I dont think this thread has to be about bashing each other, remember we are all here for the same reason and thats the love of riding our quads and meeting and chatting with guys&gals from all over the world who share a similar interest. Either way you build your Banshee... its gonna haul ass.

I dont think this thread has to be about bashing each other

Craig I wasnt referring to you at all, I know you and Dave are freinds and things are cool. Other guys will be getting all worked up when they see this thread and they will have their say on the subject. I just hate to see name calling and bickering about a really non-important subject in the grande scheme of life.

P.S. did I use enuf adjectives in my last post :roll: !! LOL

the hp can match across the board but the power band will be more sudden on the 350 than the bb. it also depends on how its ported i know that there is a way that you can get it ported so it wont be like this on a 350, i think that its more like where you have your transfers at on the 350 is how your power band hits, im not sure how the bb's work like that maybe trubo can answer that one....lol.. later

B