35pwk Jettin With Fresh .060 Top End

hey guys i was wondering what jets you would recommend. i currently have a 185 main and a 48 pilot and i'm not sure what clip the needle is on because the 6mm nut head is stripped and can't get it off. that will be fixed when the parts come in though. my elevation is approx. 457 feet above sea level. dual fmf fattys. i ordered a 230,220,210 and 200 main and a 50 pilot. what clip would you guys recommend going on? by the way, i have the single carb. another thing, my idle screw is almost all the way in how do i raise the idle so i can' screw the idle screw out a little bit without lowering the idle? THANKS IN ADVANCE

FMF loves the fourth/fifth clip...

trial and error on what pilots to use get w/sredish he's

at pretty much the same sea level as us ..

I have a 33mm so it's a little different..

Edited by banshee76179

The .060 bore won't change your jetting too much, it's really not too much of an increase in displacement.

If your concerned about being lean with the 185, and you can read the plugs, throw in a 200 and run a plug check. That will tell you if you need to lean or richen. My shee likes it a little richer than most I've encountered so keep that in mind.

Here's what I'd do, I'd set the needle (if you could get to it) in the 4th clip from the top/blunt. Then I'd throw in a 200 main and run a plug check. If it needs to be richer or leaner, I'd adjust accordingly. Once I'm satisfied with the main jet, I'd adjust the pilot for the proper idle and response.

A 48 or 50 pilot should be pretty darn close. As far as idle screw, are you sure you turning the black, plastic screw and not the brass looking air screw?

Read BenBB's Jetting FAQ to get some more info on reading plugs.

Scott

yea i'm turning the black idle screw because a while back i was tightening it and i guess i tightened it too far and the head of the screw popped off and i have to rder a new idle screw. what do you have your air screw set at? (the brass screw you were talking about?) thanks guys. you are a huge help

This may be the wrong thing to say (stupid) but I just got that same carb setup, and I am not picturing how the screw head popped off.... Are you tightening the idle.. or loosening.

I just cant see how the screw would fall off from being tightened? :whoa:

***EDIT***

Also I have pretty much the same setup except im at sea level and I have an MX port/polish..

I need to jet mine too, so whatever you come up with let me know.

whoever knows about jetting... If i am at lower level then him, will I need a higher main, or lower..and also do i need lower or higher compared to him since I have port/polish?

Edited by Hockey390

whoever knows about jetting... If i am at lower level then him, will I need a higher main, or lower..and also do i need lower or higher compared to him since I have port/polish?

ok, let's think about this.

lower elevation = more dense air

port & polish = more air flow through motor

when you add air, do you add fuel or take fuel away??

I'll let you figure this one out. ;)

hey guys i was wondering what jets you would recommend. i currently have a 185 main and a 48 pilot and i'm not sure what clip the needle is on because the 6mm nut head is stripped and can't get it off. that will be fixed when the parts come in though. my elevation is approx. 457 feet above sea level. dual fmf fattys. i ordered a 230,220,210 and 200 main and a 50 pilot. what clip would you guys recommend going on? by the way, i have the single carb. another thing, my idle screw is almost all the way in how do i raise the idle so i can' screw the idle screw out a little bit without lowering the idle? THANKS IN ADVANCE

The needles you are using play a big part in what main you'll end up with. Sredish, what needle are you using.

adeezy, I'm guessing you'll fine the 185 to be rich if you're running a dual 35mm setup. Same with the pilot. Maybe not, but just a guess. I'd say your at a safe starting point for getting setup correctly though.

OK, not sure but I will take a stab at it...

SINCE I'm lower, I go up (?), SINCE I got it ported, I go up (?)

So basically I need to start high(er) and see what I get from that.

Maybe a 240 main 5th clip, and a 52?

Edited by Hockey390

Yep, it'll need to be a little richer for the dual setup. Your going the right direction. I'd start where you are though. Here's a chart I found that may help. Of course this is with there port work, but its a starting point for you ..... http://www.trinityracing.com/pages/jetting...heejetting.html

Edited by fixitrod

Hockey390, yes, you would go up on both accounts. Start with a 230 and run a plug check to see how she likes it. You can try the 5th clip and 52 and go from there.

I'm using the std. needle that it came with, not sure which one according to the coding, and I run it in the 4th or 5th clip depending on where I'm at and the temps.

The duals will change things quite a bit, since then, you'd have two carbs giving fuel and air instead of one, so you'd use much leaner jets.

Later fellas.

ok i think i confused you guys into thinking that i had dual 35's. i have a single 35 PWK carb. NOT DUALS. lol. anyways, i just put a 230 main in there and a 50 pilot and i am at the 5th and final clip on the needle so if this thing still runs lean, their has got to be running lean.i think i have a wire loose or something because the plugs are giving off sparks. any ideas guys? i relocated the headlight and switch to the left side of the frame and just recently got duals on it and the switch barely touched the header pipe and i think the pipe may have burnt something in the switch. the only thing i have the switch setup to do is headlights because i have a kill switch. any ideas guys? THANKS