Guys I'm At A Total Loss :(

Hamuel, to answer your questions, my mix is 32:1, I'm at sea level, only mod is a K&N filter with a dynojet rejet Kit installed, temps around 30 degree's C ( not sure on the F ? ) and finally humidity is around 50%.

SSD your gf had large mains in her bike for the mods like mine. I can understand going up around 4 mains for a K&N filter but not 9 like your gf and 11 so far for me.

Rescuejeff, looking at the plugs, it does look like Im lean and today we ran more test by starting with 350 mains and it works sweet with 350 mains. Pulls hard all the way to top revs in 6th at WOT. BUT !!! 350 mains in a near standard bike is bullshit.

I'm thinking down the path that Banchetta was going. I must have a seal or gasket leak in the engine somewhere. I managed to get all the parts to do a leakdown test except for a rubber plug to do the exhaust side, so when I have that part tommorrow I'll do the leakdown test and see if its leaking. I really hope it is.

Also thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated :clap:

Edited by Gobbler

Don't forget to get 2 rubber plugs. You can't ddo one side at a time. You have to plug both sides.... Draw vacuum on the entire motor. you have more serious issues than just jetting. I am at 800' elevation, piped and what not, and I am running 310 mains.... Doesn't sound right that your on 310's with stock pipes..... You have bigger fish to fry.....

OK, I did the test and I have a leak but not sure exactly were. I would of thoguth I could find it easily with it losing 6psi in 4 mins ( It suppossed to hold 6psi for 6 mins ). Ill need to futher investigate but the engines out of the bike and Im looking into sending it to Duncanracing to have the national kit work done and get them to rebuild the engine totally. Has anyone had any personal experiences with DR and their engines ? I would like to know as they look hell professional and I dont want to be sending my engine to the states to a crappy builder.

P.S: Banchetta, thanks for the spot on diag's :clap:

Duncan is very professional, but I would look into a different builder. PassionRE on here has built some bad motors from what I hear. There are a lot of good builders, just start emailing different ones and see what they can do for you. Then once you've narrowed your choice down call em and make your decision from there.

Yeah imagine that cost $$$ !!! honestly, it will cost me ~ $600 AU to send it to and from the west coast. Thats a fair bit of dosh just for freight so thats why Im asking if DRacing are worth the effort. They look like it :)

DR knows their shit and has the greatest tech line....But you pay for it to. They are very expensive, if you have the money, go for it......To find that leak, just spray soap water on any gasket to find the leak, bubbles will appear during the pressure test...if you can't find any, then its either the crank seal by the stator plate or the crank seal on the clutch side. The stator side can be sprayed to see if it leaks, the other side is a little harder...

Thanks again Banchetta, It looks like I have a crank seal leak as I cant find leaks on any other and with the startor cover off i can hear I small hissing sound around that area, so it looks like its the stator side seal so far. Im going to replace the seals, and gaskets on the bike, fix the leak and then put new pipes on it and sell it to my neighbour who absolutly loves the bike. I took him for a ride once and he's been waving cash in my face ever since to buy it off me. I might one day buy another banshee for its pure thrill two stroke ride, but for my local motorcrossing I need the 450F because I can lap my local track 5 secs faster on it that my banshee. On that, does anyone know if theres a forum thats as good as this for information on 450f's ?

Hi guys,

I've been trying to get this jetting right for over 2 months now and I've got no were near it. My problem is the usual bogging down in 5th and 6th gear. When you shift into 5th open the throttle you get the same sound as you would kicking the engine over with full throttle open. If I pull the choke out fully in 5th, the bike pulls like it should to the top of 6th. Now this would tell me the bike has a lean condition on the mains circuit. Now before I go any futher the bikes stock except for a K&N pod filter with no airbox surounding. I cut the box off and dont use the radiator ressie. Now I originally had the bike running well with stock pilots, a dynojet needle in the middle clip and 270 mains. One day riding 2 months ago the bike all of a sudden developed a bog at WOT in 4th that made it impossible to get into 5th. I'm now at the point of same pilots and needle and 310 mains and still no real difference. I've done the following aswell:

- checked the float height ( 21-22mm) OK

- checked the float needle and seat for wear OK

- cleaned the slides, adjusted the carb sync and its fine

- checked the reeds for noticable wear or breaks OK

- Placed new gaskets on the intake manifold to rule out engine side intake air leaks

- replaced sparkplugs and checked the coil for correct output OK

- cleaned the flywheel ignition points and the magnetic pickup ( rusted a bit )

- cleaned out the fuel petcock filter, replaced the fuel line to the carbs and removed the inline filter I had.

- obviously cleaned the K&N filter and I dont oil it either as I have a new outerware on it

I don't know what next to do. I personally think 310 mains are way to rich but when the chokes pulled the bike runs sweet up top. Thats why Im confused. As a comparison, my friend has T-6's on his with V-force reeds and dual filters on each carbs and he runs 300 mains and thats fine. BTW I'm also at sea level. I'm thinking of rebuilding the carbs with all new parts really only because I haven't done that yet :( I think its purely a carby problem because of the choke pull test I did in 5th and not an engine or electrical problem, but after all the checks Ive done on the carbs Im totally confused ?!?!!?!? What do I do next.......

Plz help me someone :wacko::(

If you are running stock pipes with only a filter, you are way to rich on the mains.

You can't compare to your buddy, he is going to blow his bike up running 300 mains with T6 pipes.

I ran 260 mains on my bike with stock pipes and only a filter.

I went to 310 mains when I put DG pipes on.

Got rid of them and went to T5s with a 2:1 Toomey air filter. I now have 370 mains in there and it runs good.

OK, I did the test and I have a leak but not sure exactly were. I would of thoguth I could find it easily with it losing 6psi in 4 mins ( It suppossed to hold 6psi for 6 mins ). Ill need to futher investigate but the engines out of the bike and Im looking into sending it to Duncanracing to have the national kit work done and get them to rebuild the engine totally. Has anyone had any personal experiences with DR and their engines ? I would like to know as they look hell professional and I dont want to be sending my engine to the states to a crappy builder.

P.S: Banchetta, thanks for the spot on diag's :clap:

I've raced DR national motors for years. Loren will break one off in you, and if you send them your motor you can bet they'll have it for at least 7-9 weeks. If you want a mx motor there's other builders that do just as good. Check out Passion RE or Patriot Racing. I have a Patriot motor now and it's strong than my national motor ever was and I'm running smaller carbs unlike DR's gas guzzlers that have to run with big carbs. Any questions about DR just pm or email me.

Thanks tats4life but I've just started replacing the bugerred crank seals and I have t-5's on the way to replace the stock exhaust. I went to my local motorbike shop here and put and order in for an 05 450F LE and was told before the end of the year I'll have it so I still got a fair bit of time left to roar the banshee around before my mate buys it.