Tires for Snow ?

SheCrazzzy

Which Tire for Snow ?  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi.. Snow is coming to lower Michigan and I love riding the Banshee pulling the neighbor kids on their toboggon. Want to upgrade the rear tires for better traction and on Magic racing they have tire/wheel combo's reasonably priced. Please help me decide... or give me your input on a tire brand /tread....

Thanks, Mark

just a little more info for you to think about i had a worrior with blackwaters and a 250x with realitors and i didnt like the feel they gave both tires make your ass end feel realy heavy and the realitors would slide out on the corners realy bad hope this helps you make you decision

I had a set of realtors on my shee all last winter, I thought they worked great and I even bought another new pair to put on this winter but I bought a new sled and Im gunna put my shee up for the winter so I am gunna sell the realtors, brand new, $100 let me know if your interested.

I thought they powered through snow great.

Hey NICKXC i might be interested what size tires are they? will they fit stock rims? I also have a set of the itp's with the nasty edge on them with 22-11-9 maxxis razors makes the quad look diesel, was wondering if these are good for the snow.

i think it depends on the type of snow your riding. if its fresh and deep the paddles would be great and the realtors and swampers good. if it has been riden over but not packed to hard, the realtors or swamper would be your best bet. if it very packed hard i think turf tamers would excel. later.

oh ya, i had swamper vampires on my ex honda 300 utility 2wd, and it could go just about anywhere. it made my friends 300 4x4 with stock tires cry. haha

I think the paddle tires would be good as long as you only have to go in loose snow. but if you have to run down the road or something your paddles will get all tore up. that type of riding wount hurt a big lug tire like realtors or swampers. The realtors I have for sale are 22/11/9 and will fit stock rims. later

do you mean 22x(12)x9?.....I dont think they make'm 11 inches wide....I'll have to see if I can get the slice I have in the side of mine to plug up....If not will you sell'em for 100 including shipping?....Maybe we can work something out. I'm just outside philly.

Take it easy,

Abyss

I have a set of Kenda Bearclaws on my Banshee here in Alberta Canada. They work as well as you can expect in the snow with the spinning power of a Banshee.

They work great compared to my old bald super swampers though.

Out of the ones you listed I would suggest the super swampers.

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm reading all the replies.... thanks for your input everyone. :D Just received a set of skis to go on the front wheels from Cabela's. Now, more thought, these things raise the front tires off the ground a few inches, so I will now consider buying taller rear tires when I make the purchase, at least 22 inches. If need be, I can always drop a tooth on the front gear. Leaning toward those new Vampires, they are a super aggresive super-swamper/mud shark, but I want aalllllll the traction possible and don't care about weight. This thing will be used to pull the neighbor kids on the toboggon.

See if this link works;

http://www.e-securedsite.com/magicracing/m...ires&filterFor=

I can always throw the original tires back on in minutes if I want to go fast around the neighborhood.

Any thoughts are appreciated

Mark