Difference After Stroker Crank?

if your making 67 hp your ported chances are you won't be able to use the cylinders you have because the transphers are probably too high but you would need to talk to your builder about that depending on porting you could make mid to high 70's with a 4mm

my mods are a stock welded crank, 28mm pwk carbs with K&N`s(I want to keep these for some low end unless the crank will make up for it if i go to a 33 or 35mm carb, Sandtrax MX style porting(which will work with the stroker crank) vitos pistons, stock modified reeds, CPI`s,cool head, 17cc domes, 225lb. compression. 111 octane race gas, makes 67hp 37ft lbs.

The 35mm carbs gave me 2hp on top and 5hp on bottom....The stroker just needs to breathe....I was also stuck on 37lbs of torque, but I gained 4lbs going from ported stock cages to V-force w/ prodesign intake......If I were you, that'd be my next step....then the larger carbs will benefit better, then get a stroker....the cost won't hit you all at once...You WILL see some nice gains w/ what you have now...BTW, I'm only pushing 160lbs of compression...93 octane.

Edited by Banchetta

Oh ya,,,...the 35's outperformed the 28's throughout the WHOLE curve....I tried stock 28's tapered to 30's, 33's, and 35's......I don't believe when people say you gain top, but lose bottom...You either gain all around or lose...

Oh ya,,,...the 35's outperformed the 28's throughout the WHOLE curve....I tried stock 28's tapered to 30's, 33's, and 35's......I don't believe when people say you gain top, but lose bottom...You either gain all around or lose...

Nice, that's really good info. My bud runs a pair of 36's with his stroker and swears the same thing, but I don't have any knowledge with the stroker setups.

Not bad, I'm working on getting that dip out at 5500rpms....Still working on it..I don't think my compression is high enough to work w/ my porting, so thats the next step along w/ pyramid reed cages..