Lt250

Hey guys,

My cousin has an ??LT250R, can't get it running right. It will run, but only if pull started, runs like shit for about 15minutes & then wakes up an runs fine until ya shut it down again. Plug looks fine, nice chocolate brown...will get oily if you sit & kick it trying to get it started. There was nothing done prior to the problems, just had been ridden, has been running fine. He went to sell it & he couldn't get it started for the guy,...they pull started it & it did as described above. I dunno... banghead

Any clues? I'm stumped,...thinking maybe stator or coil, but I dunno. Don't have much experience with the old LT's. :unsure:

What about cleaning the carb? May have some issues with the carb not up to snuff. If need be, I'll meet you at LS and take it home with me :) get 'er fixed up and I'll meet you back at LS and hand her back over, well maybe. I'd love to get my hands on another LT250R. One of my fave machines.

Well I got it fixed...after him & some other guys spent a couple days working on it. Compression was tits @ just under 160lbs. It was getting weak spark. I just pulled the plug cap off, cut the coil wire down about a quarter of an inch, re-screwed on the plug cab & put it back on. Kicked it twice & she fired right up. I spent the rest of the evening drinking his beer and giving him shit...he was going to the shop today for a new stator had I not got it fixed. :lol:

:cheers: