Too Much Filter Oil?

MILO

i just finished cleaning my carb's, filters, intake boots, reed cages etc. and fired her up and took it for a ride. the only thing i did different than normal was use filter oil on my pro flow outer filter. shee seems to have a bog in the low end now. i removed the outer filter and it seemed to clear up some, but some oil's been sucked into the inner filter as well. did i go to heavy on the oil, and will it have my carbs gummed up to the point where i'll need to clean them again? hopefully i can just get away with cleaning the filters out again. what will work to effectively take out the oil? she runs fine otherwise, just the bog in the pilot range and low idling. i don't have time to just start tinkering with it today, and we're going out on a poker run 1st thing tomorrow morning. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

You might have put to much oil on there. If you take your filter off and look down the intake area and its caked with oil you might have to reclean the carb. If not to bad just wipe it out with a rag so its not goopy, it may add in catching any dirt later. It alsounds like its your first time using oil on the filter. I dont know if its possible but if you jetted it with out oil on there and oiled it latter in might be running a little rich now. Once again I did say maybe as I dont know if this is possible. I shure someone will let you know for shure in a bit.

that's right. i haven't used oil before, and it has been jetted without it. dust seems to be the worst culprit to get thru and we usually don't ride in really dusty conditions, so i haven't used any oil before. i assumed that it may be a little rich too with restricted air flow, and that was the problem and not something else with the carbs. but wasn't sure about the possibility of that. glad to hear a second opinion on that one. i'll check out the intake boots, and hopefully not have to pull the carbs again. thanks a lot ranshee.

the filter has to have time to dry up before you run it. I use the K&N without an outerwhere. and it works great as long as it is properly oiled/cleaned the trick is to allow plenty of time to dry. the filter will only hold somuch oil before it starts to make a mess but every bit of it must have oil(besides the outer)so next time dont worry about puting too much oil just worry about giving it time to dry up before you run it