Crank Question

Bensshee

Well it happened and I had to have it fixed. I won't say who welded it or what crank it was, but it happened to me. That was not the only problem I had, the port job that was done to match the crank was done wrong as well. The worst part it took a while to figure out the problem. I had a well known builder do the work.

Truing tha crank is referring to making sure the crank is in phase. In a banshee, this means that the rod pins are exactly 180 degrees apart in 1 crank rotation. Once this is accomplished, the pins are welded to the outside of the crank. Banshee cranks are pressed together. (as are many other cranks) Because of this, there isn't much that holds them from coming out of phase, and/or seperating. Welding the pins prevents this from happening...

• 2 weeks later...
I won't say who welded it or what crank it was, but it happened to me.

I don't understand why you won't say who done the piss poor work ??? If I have a problem with a pro shop then I'm gonna let EVERYBODY know.. Thats why we send thing to them is because they are suppose to know what there doing. And by you letting them take your money and waste your time you to them are a sucker...Why not help the next guy deciding where to send there crank or motor the hassle you went through.... :)

As with me the only problem I have is with Trinity.. They make damn good parts but there customer service blows...

Edited by wansomordis

I have a family to support too and I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars for work just to spend hundreds more to get it fixed! If he is well know than he should stand behind his work right? Either you loose hundreds for picking the wrong guy or he looses for not doing it right. I would expect it done right or have it fixed at no charge...but I realize that is just a dream with most builders. You don't need to bad mouth...just advise us of your experience. Just my opinion...