Need Help With Jetting 28 Pwks --bog--

yama-dude

I have T-5s, a cool head with 22cc domes, 4 degree advance key, K&N pod filters.

I was tired of my stock carbs, they have excellent responce but it seems like at half throttle the motor was allready tacked as high as it would go. I figured it needed more air and/or better carbs. I bought a set of 28mm PWKs. They seemed rich out of the box. I have changed the needel, slow jet and main jet (all leaner) Currently I am running a 048 slow jet, needle 4th clip from the blunt end and a 148 main. I am experiencing a bog off idle to about 1/4 throttle. After that it seems to run pretty good. At least as good as the stock carbs did. I can't say it runs better than stock yet. Anyone with simaler mods/carbs/problems???

And help is greatly appreciated.

I have T-5s, a cool head with 22cc domes, 4 degree advance key, K&N pod filters.

I was tired of my stock carbs, they have excellent responce but it seems like at half throttle the motor was allready tacked as high as it would go. I figured it needed more air and/or better carbs.  I bought a set of 28mm PWKs.  They seemed rich out of the box. I have changed the needel, slow jet and main jet (all leaner)  Currently I am running a 048 slow jet, needle 4th clip from the blunt end and a 148 main.  I am experiencing a bog off idle to about 1/4 throttle.  After that it seems to run pretty good.  At least as good as the stock carbs did. I can't say it runs better than stock yet.  Anyone with simaler mods/carbs/problems???

And help is greatly appreciated.

I'm in the ball park with your set up.I was a little rich with the pilot jet and had the boggggggggggg....

• 2 weeks later...

Was talking witha builder about mine. just got a set of pwk 28's 165main starting at 55 pilot working down. tell it's right. But with out the right needle in there your housed. normaly the stock needle isn't the right one for the banshee application. I'll tell yah what i need up with when i have mine dialed in all the way.

Try this. Start the shee, run it around until warm. turn the air screws in to about .5 turns out from seated...From an idle, punch the throtte wide open....Does it rev up right away? Stall?, take a couple of seconds then rev up?? Now adjust the air screw to 2.5 turns out and repeat the process. Does it rev up faster and cleaner at .5 turns out or 2.5 turns out??

well your needle clip might be rich, I don't have those carbs but you have quite a few positions untill it is leaned out...Move it closer to the blunt end...Maybe try 2nd from the top and see if it is any better...

Well do this if messing with the pilot does not help....It does sound like a pilot jet / air screw problem vs. midrange problem....Of course, I can't even get my own bike tuned... banghead

Edited by Justintoxicated

Banchetta, with the air mixture screw at 1 turn out it was smoking at idle. I turned it to 1.5 to stop that. I am now at 2 turns out wich was not a big difference from 1.5 so I left this ajustment alone. Stock needles were N80F and I have since changed to JJ needles. It it way better in the mid and top. A gain over the stock carbs that I can feel. Still alittle flat down low. I may have to live with it. I have some 45 pilots to try also. I'm putting in vitos SS 020 pistons as we speak.

the motor is 9 years old. The clyinders were pretty glazed up. vitos claims an 8hp gain but think thats unrealistic.