Stock Silencers

Is it possible for the stock silencers to become clogged?

I have had them on my 95 Banshee since it was new. A while back I had to remove the end caps because it didnt seem to run right with them on. This is the bike my girlfriend rides so I dont get on it much but it seems like it isnt running right.

Do any aftermarket silencers fit the stock exhaust? Can the stock silencers be cleaner or repacked?

Yeah, the stock mufflers can get clogged up. It happened to mine, the baffles load up with carbon then it flakes off and clogs them up. If you pull the endcaps off and shake the muffler and you hear stuff inside there moving about and little chunks of carbon fall out, your clogged up. I drilled my baffels out to clear a path for the exhaust to move through, but you loose any spark arresting capability of the muffler when you do that, it also becomes louder. But it's a quick fix if your strapped for cash. I'd replace em as soon as you can afford it.

Oh, you can get aftermarked silencers for the stock exhaust, but I wouldn't waste the money unless your going to get a complete pipe and silencer combo. You can clean them up with a shit load of parts cleaner but I'm unshure if they can be repacked, there is no real way to get the baffels out...they are rivited in there.

Edited by MotulMonsta