Jetting Question

I have fmf sst pipes and run 290 jets. If i stick my stock pipes back on can i keep the same jets? Or do i need to go back down to 260 i think they were.

you'll have to rejet it back down like before or you'll be super rich.

290 is too rich and even 260 s rich if you don't have any k&n filter or a removed lid or the air box. i would say go to 200 or 210 it depend in your evaluation.

when i was stock i was running 200.

I would be careful about recommending that low of a main....You'll feel sorry if he blows his motor up because of lean jetting......I rode in California and had to bump up my jetting 5 sizes on the mains...Both areas are at sea level...

290 is too rich and even 260 s rich if you don't have any k&n filter or a removed lid or the air box. i would say go to 200 or 210 it depend in your evaluation.

I would be careful about recommending that low of a main....You'll feel sorry if he blows his motor up because of lean jetting......I rode in California and had to bump up my jetting 5 sizes on the mains...Both areas are at sea level...

thought that at first :whoa: but that is the setting when you get a stock shee from the yamaha dealer withou any mods

thought that at first :whoa: but that is the setting when you get a stock shee from the yamaha dealer withou any mods

the dealers are required to "prep" them upon delivery, which usually includes a jetting adjustment based on the area. Just imagine, a banshee sold in FL with a 260 main and then a banshee sold in N. Colorado, elevation 6,900 (my hometown) with a 260 main. These two would most certainly not run the same.

Yes, Yamaha does use that as their "stock" configuration, but the actual stock main jet will vary depending on where it was bought.

Edited by sredish