Another Question On My Passion Engine

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ride it once with no silencer or air cleaner if you can, just bang it up the block and back see if it pulls harder or coughs, it would be hard to pull two chokes to see if it picks up or gags

I took the silencers and air cleaner off and it still ran good there was just a little less power. Not much but a little less.

the reason i asked you to ride it without the air cleaner and stingers was to see if it ran better with no air cleaner,if so, clean and oil your filter and adjust for more air .......on the pipe side if your silencer is creating to much back presure the exaust needs to breath more, hence a pipe that flows better or a largger dia. silencer....maybe Ray can let you demo a used set of those pipes...you like you buy, sorta thing :cheers:

Yeah I really think that most of my problem in comming from the reeds and adjusting the carbs. The exhaust I am sure will play a factor also but even with cheap ass exhaust I would expect it to perform better wouldnt you Duece?

yeah i would, i think your dead on..... the delta reeds will be way better, then lets start judgeing the fattys, cause my bike flys with a pro circuit which is restrictive you would think, the cpi inframes would be my only choice for another pipe since im a fraid id be just moving my power band around with any other pipe, and then theres the what if the cpi's take bottom and add top? as maybe the fmf is doing

Yeah I really think that most of my problem in comming from the reeds and adjusting the carbs. The exhaust I am sure will play a factor also but even with cheap ass exhaust I would expect it to perform better wouldnt you Duece?

yeah i would, i think your dead on..... the delta reeds will be way better, then lets start judgeing the fattys, cause my bike flys with a pro circuit which is restrictive you would think, the cpi inframes would be my only choice for another pipe since im a fraid id be just moving my power band around with any other pipe, and then theres the what if the cpi's take bottom and add top? as maybe the fmf is doing

I would have to agree with you. These people that are saying that these CPI and Rocket pipes are so good which I am not douting that they are. Its just that I would think that all pipes would work diffrent from every diffrent type of port setup. A pipe that works great on one ported engine might work like crap on another but I dont know I am all new to this. I just think its common sence is all.

I have had alot of people tell me to use that low of gearing but people dont understand that you cant use that gearing with this engine unless you love to shift all the time. With 13/40 or 13/41 gearing I could probably start in 3rd or 4th gear with no problem.

Edited by got1banshee

ii skipped a lot of the posts, but i would definatly go with about 13/40    13/39  gearing.  thats too much HP for anything more.  less teeth on that engine would be much better.  its kinda obvous aint it?

why have all the power without tall gearing?...thats the beauty of haveing 80 horses..a 13/40 would be 7 teeth lower than stock...my bike geared 17/40 will stand on end, speed shifting to third......i tryed a 14/41(stock) gearing on my bike and pretty much stood still smoking my tires shifting..plus do the math on a 13/40 gearing his top speed would be 70mph regardless if he had 500 horses or 50 :dance:

ii skipped a lot of the posts, but i would definatly go with about 13/40  13/39  gearing.  thats too much HP for anything more.  less teeth on that engine would be much better. its kinda obvous aint it?

why have all the power without tall gearing?...thats the beauty of haveing 80 horses..a 13/40 would be 7 teeth lower than stock...my bike geared 17/40 will stand on end, speed shifting to third......i tryed a 14/41(stock) gearing on my bike and pretty much stood still smoking my tires shifting..plus do the math on a 13/40 gearing his top speed would be 70mph regardless if he had 500 horses or 50 :dance:

TRUE!!!!!!!!

With 13/40 or 13/41 gearing I could probably start in 3rd or 4th gear with no problem.

Are you talking on dirt or sand? Trying to help you out but there is alot of difference when it comes to gearing wether you are talking sand, dirt, or pavement.

Dirt, with a 16/39 I can start in 2nd in the sand

With 13/40 or 13/41 gearing I could probably start in 3rd or 4th gear with no problem.

Are you talking on dirt or sand? Trying to help you out but there is alot of difference when it comes to gearing wether you are talking sand, dirt, or pavement.

this is so true when i go to dumont dunes on this bike i run a 15 and it pulls the dunes in 6th no problem my trinity ported shee i run a 13 on and can get 6th.....sand does matter i think got1 is riding in the dirt....he should be able to go a 17 and still climb like a goat

Edited by Blue Duece

Dirt, with a 16/39 I can start in 2nd in the sand

well got1 you are feeling some of those ponies.......i was going to say wait till you drag a pal up a steep hill then youll know you have some low end torque...or lug it up in 2cnd and you'll then feel the hp