Maximum Comp. For Unwelded Crank

wirehand

Hello all...First let me say that this is a great source of information on all things BANSHEE! Now, on to my question: I am interested in buying a NOSS head to increase compression ratio (the stock setup just isn't enough squeeze). The need for race fuel is no concern i run it in my car anyway. But, I do need to know how much is too much for the unwelded factory crank? Does 175 psi sound about right? If not, then how much? I'll weld mine or get an aftermarket when I'm due a rebuild, but my bike is only a few months old. One more thing, I'm still up in the air on pipe selection, but I have my eye on Pro Circuits. Do they respond well to porting on down the road? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. B)

i have read that compression on the crank isnt as bad as the what the reverse cut gears do when your on and off the throttle.

although last summer i put 19cc domes with a stock 95 crank and blew a rod bearing after about 4 months :angry: . cant blame it on the compression fully, but i think the crank would have lasted longer if it werent for the new compression.

your crank can seperate even when everythings stock, it happened to someone on this site, i'd get it welded just so u dont ever have to worry about it again, did you talk to dlnoss on this site, he's the owner of noss machine