Boring Out Jets?

Has anyone ever done this? I don't see why you couldn't. I have a single carb set up on my shee and a 35mm Keihin PWK and right now I have the biggest jet in it that I can find...a 200. I was just wondering why couldn't you just take a tiny drill bit to it and bore it out just a bit to increase the jet size. I don't see why It wouldn't work. Does anyone else agree? Well besides not nowing how big of a jet you have in, if it runs good after you bore the jet out why not do it.

I suppose it could be done easily enough if you had a nice drill press with a delicate vise on the press to hold the mains. If you want a set of mains that are in steps and know what the size of each is, and accurately, then your going to have to buy a really nice indexed drill set which will cost a lot more than a few mains. Although, if you cant buy any mains in the size that you need, I'd probably be worth it. Might be best, and even save money, to take a few mains to a machine shop and have them make a set.

Has anyone ever done this?  I don't see why you couldn't.  I have a single carb set up on my shee and a 35mm Keihin PWK and right now I have the biggest jet in it that I can find...a 200.  I was just wondering why couldn't you just take a tiny drill bit to it and bore it out just a bit to increase the jet size.  I don't see why It wouldn't work.  Does anyone else agree?  Well besides not nowing how big of a jet you have in, if it runs good after you bore the jet out why not do it.

Call here carb parts wharehouse 216-635-1099 they will have the jets that you need, carbparts.com

Has anyone ever done this?  I don't see why you couldn't.  I have a single carb set up on my shee and a 35mm Keihin PWK and right now I have the biggest jet in it that I can find...a 200.  I was just wondering why couldn't you just take a tiny drill bit to it and bore it out just a bit to increase the jet size.  I don't see why It wouldn't work.  Does anyone else agree?  Well besides not nowing how big of a jet you have in, if it runs good after you bore the jet out why not do it.

Call here carb parts wharehouse 216-635-1099 they will have the jets that you need, carbparts.com

Yep, I have all the way up to a 230 thanks to them, and Blue for the recommendation. Currently, I'm at 220.