Where To Begin?

cwarren

THIS IS PROBABLLY THE MOST OVER ASKED QUESTION ON THIS SITE...BUT...

I just bought a 92 bone stocker from a friend. The only mod is a Pro flow and a K&N Filter. I want to know what the "best" main jet and needle setting is for it. (temps between 70 and 80 degrees) I think the mains that are in it are 220's ? but I'm not for sure. It seems to run ok through the gears, but runs really fat on the top end in 6th gear. I have never owned one before, and don't have a reference point to start with. I think he really F'ed up the jetting trying to jet it for cold weather. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hey,

In my opinion there is no "best" setting so to speak. As I am sure your aware that anytime you adust the amount of airflow in/out of a banshee you need to rejet.

You want took look for a copy of the jetting FAQ on this site. Extremely valuble. It will explain everything you need to know about jetting.

Jetting is dependant on elevation also. Have you done a plug chop on fresh plugs to verify your mains?

I am no jetting expert...but i have done my fair share of tearing carbs apart. Find a copy of the FAQ read....then start from there.

Whats your mix ratio ?

Nick

Nick,

I have some jetting experience with sleds, but none with a banshee. I am in Michigan so I don't think elevation really plays into the equation. I am running Klotz super techniplate at 40:1. The plugs look like it is running a tad rich, but not too bad. I really have not ridden it very much, but it isn't toping out in 6th. It tends to bog at wide open, but cleans up at 3/4 throttle. In the first 5 gears it screams, until 6th. The top end is fresh, so it "should" run fairly well. I'll check the FAQ. Thanks for the info

my buddy has a 2004 with a k&n and the snorkle off he at 210mains we live in MI also so i guess it depends on the temp right now and what it will be in the summer so i would wait till it gets warmer like bet 60 90 degress is the best time to jet it.