Cool Head

Guest newbee

Guest newbee
:cheers: thanks for the help dlnoss, so toss head with 21cc domes sound right?there are some areas with higher elevation i visit to ride. would i boost the octane or buy a smaller dome from the get go.......thanx again.

At higher elevations you can use a smaller dome to raise the compression but will need higher octane at the lower elevations. I would probably get the dome size for the area you ride the most. If you were going to take a trip to someplace a lot higher, like above 3000'-up, it might be worthwhile to have more than one set of domes. I'm assuming that you prefer to run premium pump gas.

dlnoss how de you figure the size of the domes...I have one that is not marked, how would i find out what cc's they are. I figured i can fill it up with water and meausre how much water went into it. But is that how you guys figure it out. should i include the spark plug, then check it. or is it the volume considered where the treads end on the dome with no sparkplug.

I check the volume with the spark plug in. I use a flat plexiglas plate clamped to the bottom of the dome with a few vent holes and a fill hole. I fill it with a burett although I have used a livestock syringe on smaller domes like for small dirtbikes.

David..yes!!

my bike is running GREAT!! im having what seems to be a tranny problem (?) of some sort but besides that ive NEVER had it run better. thank you for your help..i wont forget it and ill pass that on to everyone who will listen..

btw can i buy anymore of your stickers? my dog ate mine. serious. ate it....