Cell Phone

i got verizon, motorola sumthin. i love it, we get way out in bfe riding or wheelin and i can still call anybody. my friends all have nextels and other ones. they shut them off when we leave, min is in my pockeet the whole time we ride, while we sumtimes r hours from any town. i am on my 2nd phone this yr, but i guess my oldone got a virus and had a bad batt, so idk. but i know ill never trade my verizon in specially for an f'n nextel! :P

peace out

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an LG6000 camera phone that you warned me about stoy. I actually think it is much easier to find a phone number than almost every phone I have had. You can spell out the name, instead of just being able to use the first letter like most phones.... There is also two direct ways to get into the contact list. You can set speed dial numbers seperately from the order the names are programmed. it is loud. I am half deaf, so this is a necessity. I also drive battle wagons that scream and howl when you drive down the road. The holster is a little odd, I am fumbling with it currently. But, I will get used to it. I don't really care about the camera feature(s), but it was $25 more than the phone I was gonna get. (LG V4500) so I figured WTF. Now i'll always have a camera with me when I need to take a snap shot..... B):dance:

Cool, as long as your happy with it. My phone isnt the camera one, but it seems to me that the LG series is a pain in the ass to navigate at times: this is what I mean. Lets say you have 3 different numbers programmed in for tommy, well I set his mobile phone as the default number. Now I want to call tommy at work or home, now is where its a bitch, to navigate to the alternate numbers that you have for Tommy. I am assuming that the camera phone has the similar menue as the other LG phones. Anyway thats my take on it. If it turns out you really like this camera phone, post it, because I am looking for a new phone in 2 months.

Don't have one & don't want one. ;)

The way I look at it, if I want to talk to someone; I'll call them. If I don't answer my home phone, there's a reason for that. If it's imporant, leave me a message & I'll call you back when I get a chance. If I don't answer my phone I'm obviously doing something, and chances are I don't want to be bothered. :rolleyes:

Anyone remember when we did just fine without cell phones? Today everybody & their brother has one...except me & I don't plan on getting one anytime soon. Nothing eeks me more than when I'm out fishing with the buddies & a damn cell phone rings, then I get to listen to whoever bullshit to someone about shit that could wait 99.9% of the frigg'n time. Or when we're out riding & stop for a bit and someone picks up there damn phone to check their VM or call their g/f or whatever. Or when the person driving in front of you is more concerned about the call they're on than driving the speed limit or paying attention to WTF their doing! :shootself:

Anyone else feel the same? :unsure: Perhaps I should have put this in the roosting room! :P:D

Don't have one & don't want one. ;)

The way I look at it, if I want to talk to someone; I'll call them.  If I don't answer my home phone, there's a reason for that.  If it's imporant, leave me a message & I'll call you back when I get a chance.  If I don't answer my phone I'm obviously doing something, and chances are I don't want to be bothered. :rolleyes:

Anyone remember when we did just fine without cell phones?  Today everybody & their brother has one...except me & I don't plan on getting one anytime soon.  Nothing eeks me more than when I'm out fishing with the buddies & a damn cell phone rings, then I get to listen to whoever bullshit to someone about shit that could wait 99.9% of the frigg'n time.  Or when we're out riding & stop for a bit and someone picks up there damn phone to check their VM or call their g/f or whatever. Or when the person driving in front of you is more concerned about the call they're on than driving the speed limit or paying attention to WTF their doing! :shootself:

Anyone else feel the same? :unsure:  Perhaps I should have put this in the roosting room! :P  :D

Party Pooper. :flush:

I've got a Nokia 8390. I actually bought it used a while ago, it hasn't quit on me yet. It's small, and pretty sweet lookin, battery life is almost unreal. The ringer I have in on now isn't the loudest I've heard. I can't hear it over "the system" in the truck, but I'm not too sure on how many other cells I would be able to hear. I personally like mine though.

the "family" (my moms) cell phone is a nokia track fone, things retarted but invincible and gets signel any where

mines a kyrocera (if thats how you spell it) slider, signel is ok, and only problem i had was pulling it out of my pocket by its intenna and it broke off one day, super glued it back together and signel is just as good (i think its just there for show :unsure: ) only thing i dont like is i dont think any one makes a camera for it.

now this is what i'm talkin' about!!!  I would get one off of Ebay, but I have two of them already, and I am sick of having to carry around extra antenna's with me everywhere i go.  It is such shit.  This last time, the phone is super glued together, has been to the bottom of lake erie, and still ticks.  But, the antenna is brroke yet again.  :o  I figure there has to be something out there.  I am thinking along the lines of a samsung A530S or an LG 4500 or 4400.  We'll see.  I am leaving in a few minutes to take care of this horse crap.  I have so many messages now from missed calls it is sick.....  :shootself:  People need to like lose my # or something.....  banghead    lmmfao!!  I'll see in a little bit.  here we go again!!  And for the nextel thing, they are HORRIBLE around here.  Verizon has the absolute best service I have ever seen.  As soon as you get off the beaten path with Cingular, you're roaming.  And same thing with Sprint.....  :flush:    Piss on them....  I've had them all....  Verizon is king around here....  :dance:

i have a nextel and id have to agree the service sucks. it's great for the walkie talkie feature but other then that it blows. i would never get another nextel again once my contract is up ..ive had pretty much every nextel phone so i know it's not the phone..go with verizon around here the service is second to none.

i have a nextel and id have to agree the service sucks. it's great for the walkie talkie feature but other then that it blows. i would never get another nextel again once my contract is up ..ive had pretty much every nextel phone so i know it's not the phone..go with verizon around here the service is second to none.

how else are you gonna f'in call me man ? shit i use my nextel to talk to hommies all over the states and have no problem with it, o btw boon its a motorola i90. better hook up a boost mobil t . later