Override Trans

duneslinger

drag race only,it would not be good for duning.it allows full speed clutchless up shifts.depending on what gears you have overridden.when not on the gas you have to clutch it.you can`t let the motor slow down the bike.

definetely drag only....They do not weakin the trans as long as the mod is performed properly....It is done by cutting a portion of the gear to a bevel instead of square. The shift drum is also modified.

• 3 weeks later...
it sounds like you should stay away from cut tranny!!!!!!

WHY????

Its a almost a must in drag racing, why should we stay away from them?

You should stay away from them if you to other types of riding than just drag. You can't let off the gas with an override and let the motor slow the bike down, you have to pull in the clutch or you'll scatter the tranny. It makes the bike pretty much useless for trails, MX, etc.

Edited by 350duner

it sounds like you should stay away from cut tranny!!!!!!

Nowhere in his statement did he say anything about riding the Banshee in any certain way. This is the DRAG forum, so its for drag bikes, correct? No reason to stay awat from cut trannies when draggin.

Thanks for the insight on how they work, was well aware tho.

Yes I have one, I got mine from Mike Brooks, of Brooks Chassis, in Coppell TX. I cant seem to remember his guys name. I can get a price for you this weekend if u would like, and a possible turn around time.

I have had NO problems with mine, neutral is easy to find, and it shifts so smooth sometimes I wonder if it shifted :D

thanks what was the price, do you have any way to get pics from different angles of the tranny overridden and non overridden as well as numbered instructions and good pics and description were the big jobs are involved, my buddy just got back from MMI and he has access to the tools needed to do it