Progressive Wont Cover My Banshee

I think it was banshee370 that told me i could go throught them but even online they wouldnt go over 5k on extras over the current market value, i asked them to come out and look at it and they wouldnt even do that, the local reps wont do anything either. any ideas???? I need about 10-13K in total coverage

thanks

I think it was banshee370 that told me i could go throught them but even online they wouldnt go over 5k on extras over the current market value, i asked them to come out and look at it and they wouldnt even do that, the local reps wont do anything either.      any ideas????  I need about 10-13K in total coverage

thanks

I'm not sure who you talked to but your being jerked off....

I personally have a progressive policy on my shee w/ an additional coverage of 10,000.00$. THEY told me that they had to send an appraiser out to inspect the vehicle for Vin verification AND to take photos of it to prove what aftermarket items were installed. I origionally wanted 15,000.00 coverage and they were going to do it, but I decided against it.

Thinking about it now.. Did you tell them its a "race" bike? I told them that mine is just a "toy" and is not raced. That may have something to do with it... I'd call back and as to talk to someone else or a supervisor.

B370 is right. DO NOT MENTION THE WORDS "RACE BIKE". I found this out back in 98 when I was trying to both get insurance and a loan for it. After some hasseling I started using the term ATV. I still had to explain what that meant, but at least I was able to get something done.

When I used the term race bike, I was offerend bare minimum insurance, and no personal, or liability insurance. It was like that for 2 years. Then I switched to Allstate and saved a ton on insurance. I have liability, personal injury, and if I want to go above and beyond the market value for aftermarket parts I just call them and tell them to get their asses out to my shop for an appriasal, and to look at receipts.

I've got my 99 thru them with about $10K in coverage and $7K on the 95 and the blaster and trailblazer with them. I found that I got different answers when I asked questions thru the central office and the local agent.

Pick a diff agent and walk in off the street. I quite sure you'll walk out insured.