Jetting On 30mm Keihin's

broke

I just put 30's on with Rocket pipes. The problem is it just wants to idle to damn high. I backed off the throttle cable to the point it actually has slack in it. I just don't know how to tune these at all. I put the biggest main that came with it in, 160. The needle is at the middle position and the pilot is whatever came in it.

I tried to spray carb cleaner everywhere and no change, so I think I have ruled out an air leak. I have no idea which way to turn the airscrews as these things came with no instructions and don't seem to stop at the same point in or out, so I can;t figure out a baseline to go from. I tried the search and came up with a whole lot of info that doesn't really seem to help right now.

I idles so high when I start it, it sounds like it's going to blow. It rund great once ouit, but I have to lug it a gear high just to bog the motor.

My mods are;

RZ motor ported

Rocket pipes

V-Force

Prodesign intakes

Clamp on K&N pod filters

Thanks in advance for any help.

Just play with your air screws. And Idle screws. Once i get a cheap digital camera i can show you step by step. I got 28mm keihins.

On the right side of each carb there is 1 black screw with a spring on them. These are your idle screws. To tell if they are "even" check your lifters, throttle plates, whatever you want to call them, make sure they are even. You turn them out (screws) lowers the plates(decreasing the idle), turning them in (screws) lifts the plates (increasing the idle). Turn each screw on each carb at equal intervals.

It may be hard to get to the screw on the left side carb. I used a screwdriver like a mini socket wrench type thing.

Then you may have to adjust your throttle response to get the "bog" out in your bottom end. Facing the left side of the Banshee on the left carb. On the bottom right you will see a screw that is below flush. Turn them all the way in. DO NOT TORUE!!!!! Start the bike and set your low throttle response. Turn them OUT a half turn. on each carb. Keep doing this until your response is right!!!

I hope dis helps :blink::blink::blink:

did you take off your filters and know for sure your slides are all the way down? also when did you try the carb spray? was it reving @ hi rpms? if you have any questions while your doing this call me, i back and will help you jet my pipes all i can, call anytime but im also sure these guys can guide you thru it! Tom (616) 405-6929 let me know how the outcome is! and thanks for the hq techs! :bolt: