Fmf Fatty Rubbing..

Hockey390

My left side FMF Fatty pipe rubs on my frame.. This causes a hole, which I patched up. But it is starting to rub through the patch.

Any way to prevent/fix? (without buying new pipes..)

* NEW PROBLEM, CHECK LAST POST FOR DETAIL*

Put a piece of high temp hose around the part of your frame that the pipes rubs. That should do the trick.

OR

Try adjusting the pipe itself. I had the same problem when i first put my pipes on, but w/ a little adjustment, it doesnt touch anymore.

any auto parts store should carry it ( pep boys, auto zone, checker......)

radiator hose should work.

you got that right....I hate the burning of my legs  :(  :cry:

i hear that.....

I decided to wear my black pants I wear trail riding and mudding in my 4x4. Well, I didn't realize they were sensitive to heat. I now have little black specs all over a part of my pipes. I couldn't figure out what the hell, and I looked at the pants and they have marks on them, plus they say "Do No Iron".

Now gotta figure out how to get it off. <_<

I decided to wear my black pants I wear trail riding and mudding in my 4x4.  Well, I didn't realize they were sensitive to heat.  I now have little black specs all over a part of my pipes.  I couldn't figure out what the hell, and I looked at the pants and they have marks on them, plus they say "Do No Iron".

Now gotta figure out how to get it off. <_<

Here is a link to someone asking how to get rubber from his sons boots off the pipes. This should help you out.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...&hl=shoe+rubber

Do you have your silencers hooked up to the head pipe? If so, check to see that

it(the silencer) is lined up right. My silencer was pulling the pipe towards the head as well(not touching, but close)..

or

check the springs, try nudging them a bit, it might just move the pipe away from the head.

I just put them on again after I had them off to polish and work on the top end.. Put em on and its still in the same spot. The springs arent doing it because it hits it before i have the springs on. Maybe the silencer is wrong...Not sure how :unsure:

Any ideas? I'm getting my new digi cam this week, and this weekend I'm going to take a CRAP load of pictures so I will make sure to get a good one of my pipe and silencer positions adn then maybe you will see something... Until then, any tips are nice.

• 3 weeks later...