"flame-thrower" Exhaust...

dont do it, i did it on my golf cart, first i ran propane for my flames and it was a bitch to run the propane "pluming" go the exhauast plus a extra coil, plugs drilled into the the pipe and so on, that was just for a normal think metal piping like a cars, for a banshee you'll have to drill though both ur silencers, taking away from performance and it'll be a bitch to drill though aluminum, packing, and the metal mesh on the inside, then running the wires and a coil will be hard, then if your just cutting off the gas and running it though the pipes hitting the plug and sending out flames, when you send straight gas though the engine it washes the oil off the engine parts, which aint good either, not really worth it unless your doing it to a show vehicle

i was thinking about using smaller chainsaw plugs and definatly no propane or other fuels(the wasted fuel in the exhaust should be enough).i definatly see your point regarding lost performance and the silencers would be a beeotch to drill as well. i dunno....i'm gonna go to the garage and check this shit out...there must be a way!!! :flame: :headbang:

Maybe one of those electric push button barbeque lighters that run off the 9 volt battery, the kind that when you push a button it goes "snap sanp snap" really fast. Rig it with a toggle swithch rather than the push button. Would be cheap to try. The flames would look really sweet while warming it up for a night ride. :evil: Fire! Fire! Ya! Ya! Hehehe :headbang:

if you have toomey silencers or something, im pretty sure you could rig something up where you can just put a piece of steel piping at the end of the silencers so you dont have to drill into the aluminum or the stinger tube itself...run the spark plugs from the bottom and run the wires right along side the frame and up through the plastics to a switch on your handlebars...cover the wires in some wire loom and have some fun!!!

this would be a clean and easy job to do...you just gotta think that when you're not hitting the spark, all that oil and gas will be piling on the plug and you would ruin the plug...granted it burns some off when it's sparking constantly, but when it's got too much gunk on it, it's not gonna burn it off...you would spend more time changing plugs...

Mike

• 5 weeks later...

where i live in the summers there is a car show on the first saturday of every month and they have a flame thrower contest. at the last one the guy had a restored 50's cadallac and he burned all the paint on his trunk. needless to say he won but first prize was only $500