Bleeding Front Brake?!

Okay i just put my 4 wheeler back together and its an 87 and i put stainless steel lines on it and put the master cyclinder on and we start bleeding the brakes.....2 horus later we are still doign it and its not getting stiffer at all. Fluid is coming out of the bleeder. should it be gettin stiffer now or should i keep going? if you guys have any tips or tricks let me know thanks!

I don't know if I can explain this right, but this is what I did.

First of all you need compressed air to do it the way I did.

Take a T vacuum line fitting. It should be 5/16-3/8" on both

ends and about 1/8" on the t'd off fitting. Blow compressed air

through one of the large fittings and a good vacuum is produced

on the smaller t'd off fitting. Connect this smaller fitting to your

bleeder with vac hose, loosen the seal on your master cylinder

and crack the bleeder while the air is flowing...and for me it purged

the line and worked. watch where you are pointing the spray when

the brake fluid starts shooting out and make sure you keep your

master cylinder topped off while you are doing it.

Also make sure that you have a crush washer on top AND

bottom of your line fitting.

• 4 weeks later...

You gotta have a hose attached to the bleeder or it'll never work. Everytime you let off the brakes, air gets sucked back in. So find some tubing at least 12" long that will fit on the bleeder nipple - I personally like using tygon tubing since its clear and very cheap. Run the other end into a bucket or similar disposal area. Then pour some fluid in the reservoir and start pumping the brakes with the reservoir cover OFF. Don't let the reservoir go empty or you'll have to start all over. As soon as you've got straight brake fluid and no air bubbles coming out the tube tighten up the bleeder with the hose still attached - you're done. Do for both sides then fill up the reservoir and put the cover back on. Takes 10 min tops.

Edited by Wallrat

Mighty vac.Tried to bleed my fronts with everything,after I got very tired of not making any head way I went and got one.it came from Auto Zone only cost 25.00 and made it very easy to do just hook it up pull a vacume and make sure your res. don't get empty and your set.The instructions that came with it was very helpful.Also you may need to put some white plumers tape on your bleeders so they want leak air around them while your bleeding your brakes.also has a container on it to catch the fluid so you can keep using what comes out.

I use the Motion Pro brake bleeder. basically it's just a one way check valve. Put it on, crack the bleeder screw and pump away till there's no more air, Close the screw, and toss 'er back in the tool box till next time. :D

or there's the SPEED BLEEDER .

it replaces the bleeder screw altogether.