Jetting Help

just wondering if you guys can let me know if im close

-foam filter with lid (snorkel removed)

-tr6 pipes

-right now i have 280 mains

-stock pilot

-about 750 feet

-looking to jet it for the summer (65-85 degrees)

-the clip is on the 3rd or 4th position (whatever the toomey installation guide recommends)

im thinkin i need about a 310 or 320 main, and a 30 pilot for easier starting

any comments are welcome

i will be installing my tors kit in about 3 weeks so im goin to rejet then when i am home while i have the carbs off anyways

Matt

:cheers:

Do you really need the airbox lid on? If so, 280 mains should be close, and maybe 27.5 pilots, 30's might be too rich. If you ditch the airbox lid then yes, I'd start with 320 mains and 30 pilots and go from there, should be a safely rich starting point. Good luck.

320 mains and 30 pilots with NO lid.

280 (or 290) mains and 27.5 pilots with the lid ON, that's where I'd start and dial it in from there, might need a main size larger or smaller and playing with the airscrews will tell you on the pilots, but it should be in the ballpark.

I'd say your dead on where your at, stay w/ stock pilots and raise the needles one notch and dial in the air screws. Let us know how it comes out or if you have any dead spots in the power curve..